Garen = OP ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Freezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

30-11-2010

Is it only me or is Garen simply and OP noobchampion?
let me think about it for a sec:

-no costs for spells
-increased hp reg
-high dmg (over 1k nuke ulti)
-high survibility (immune to slows, increased movementspeed)
-autoaim/aoe dmg
-silence
etc etc

compared to every other champion this is just to easy to play, but ok, some arent as skilled and need it
what really bothers me is his dmg compared to his survibility
he is tagged as dps, survives like a tank and nukes like a mage
this is why i think Garen should be nerfed (esp. the fact that he doesnt need to pay any hp or mana for his spells)

Greez

Kknewkles

30-11-2010

For the hundredth time - NO.
Go and try playing him. You'll see.

weker

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kknewkles View Post
For the hundredth time - NO.
Go and try playing him. You'll see.
you say that but for most that will just prove his point
garen is currently one of the champs where people who cant play the game reside like the old heimer and xin when he first came out
and then you have all the jokes (no smoke without Annie)
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4462/gren.png

Bigbazeer

01-12-2010

If you gonna complain about a champ. Lets take gragas then in same setup as you do.
Escape
Ulti-Push
High scale spells
Detonate bomb
Regen spells ect.
He not seems suddenly alot better doesnt he? but dam hes hard as hell to play.
Lets take someone else like ashe.
Aoe slow
Free huge ward
More cash on kills
Epic Ulti / Epic Stun/damage
Free slow

If you gonna complain about a freaking champ then do it right, write its weakness to or why its so good, simply not the special attributes the champion got.

Dr Freezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-12-2010

but Gragas at least has to pay mana for his spells and requires skill + his spells must be aimed and are skillshots, not autoattack and aim like garen
and ashe is supposed to be a beginner hero but her survibility is low

as i already mentioned: Garen has autoaim (more unaimed autoattack) skills, high survibility but still high dmg output for NO costs + increased hp regen even though he doesnt cast with his hp

btw i palyed garen and after 2 flawless games i decided: boring op champ
no skill required...srsly NO skill at all

Scamorza Ridens

02-12-2010

Ashe is squishy, Gragas require skill and has mana....what does Garen require? All u need to play Garen is a mouse and a keyboard...then he can use u...that champ is self-skilled, anyone can be uber with Garen, no matter how much noob...

Captain WSS

02-12-2010

Haha... i love this thread its so true.

I didnt actually know what garens abilities were until i went to check from this thread.

Perseverance
Garen will regenerate 0.5% of his maximum health per second after not receiving damage for 7 seconds.

Decisive Strike
Garen gains a 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% speed boost for 2 seconds. His next attack deals 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 bonus damage and silences his target for 2.5 seconds.

Cooldown 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds | Range 300

Courage
Passive: Garen's armor and magic resist are permanently increased by 0.5 every time he kills an enemy unit. This bonus is maxed at 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25.

Active: Garen places a defensive shield on himself for the next 3 seconds, decreasing all damage taken by 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30%.

Cooldown 30 / 27 / 24 / 21 / 18 seconds | Range 20

Judgment
Garen rapidly spins his sword around his body for 3 seconds, reducing the duration of slows by 50% and dealing 15 / 35 / 55 / 75 / 95 (+35% of his Attack Damage) physical damage to nearby enemies every 0.5 seconds. Garen removes any slow effects on him at the start of the dance.

The bonus damage is further increased by Garen's critical strike chance. Damage to minions is reduced by 50%.

Cooldown 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 seconds | Range 330

Demacian Justice
Garen calls upon the might of Demacia to attempt to execute an enemy champion, dealing 175 / 350 / 525 damage plus 1 damage for every 3.5 / 3 / 2.5 health they are missing.

Cooldown 140 / 120 / 100 / 0 seconds | Range 400

His skills, lack of mana scream OP.
Demacian justice is killstealer heaven.
Judgement, slow, oh wait no more slow? How convenient. Removing slow without any cost every 11 seconds sounds FAIR TO ME.
Aww he can reduce damage taken by 30% every 18 seconds? Also quite convenient.
35% speed boost and silence for 2.5 seconds what the HELL?

This character screams OP.

I will get this "garen" char, i avoided because of his pompous strut. There must be some reason for playing him.

Vaxony

02-12-2010

Garen is not OP..

His skills may cost no mana but there is a huge CD on him. I played Garen for a while and he takes SKILL to play. Especially late game! Early game he will pwn your ass if you dont run. but PLEASE! go play a champion before commenting.

Dr Freezy

Recruiter

02-12-2010

for the last time
i DID play garen and he is undieable (2 times flawless out of 2 games) and i had more kills then our carrys because of the imba-nuke-ks-op-ultimate

Bigbazeer

02-12-2010

You all missunderstood my post great.. I didnt say gragas or ashe is op or good or what ever, i simply gave you a sight how a regular "op op" post looks like. If you write the pros and not the cons with a champion all will look op.
I bought garen the minute he came out, when all played him as meele dps and then he was "op" cause of hes ultimate and WW. But simply becouse hes now suddenly a epic tank with epic dmg and epic no mana spells and epic in litterly (if all listen to your words) anyway you say.
Try play him yourself and se how good / bad he is. He has a WW that does low dmg end game, a silence as a disabler and some survive with hes 35% reduced dmg shield.
If you look at other champions like, Rammus- he even have more armor and mroe survive, but simply cause he doesnt have a instant kill ulti that i call "anti tank move" with high cooldown he isnt "op" is he? But hes survive is the best.
A player that can play hes champion can make a whole enemy team scream "op", dont forget this. Garen, if fed is one of these champions thats really hard to kill if he got the opportunity to get alot of kills ect. If he now goes tank items that is.