Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

An Introduction and Setting Expectations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotNome

Game Designer

06-26-2012

Hey guys!

Though we've already become acquainted, consider this our formal introduction. I am the new designer on Twisted Treeline, Dominion, and Proving Grounds. This means that I am a liaison between the community and the live design team, and will provide support on gameplay-related matters, including balance, itemization, mechanics, and bug fixes. This does not include non-gameplay concerns such as matchmaking, queue times, or competitions, though I will escalate and champion them across departments when possible.

I wish to work not just for the community, but with the community, and this means that the effectiveness of our relationship is implicit upon a mutual understanding. I will be happy to provide design input, but in return, expect that debates will be logical and objective. For clarity, I ask that thread titles be reflective of their subject matter; there is no need to draw my attention with "RiotNome", as I will read and respond to all relevant subjects. If you have multiple issues to discuss, start a separate thread for each issue to keep discussions relevant, separate, and on-topic. I will try to address topics across all English-speaking realms, though if there is something deserves an immediate response, you may contact me on Twitter (@RiotNome (https://twitter.com/#!/riotnome)). Finally, if you have personal or non-topical questions, you may ask them here.

I look forward to improving Twisted Treeline together!

DB Preacher

06-27-2012

Good luck man, I'm a long term 3's player and really curious about how you will tackle it. Looking forward to seeing the results. Be strong with any critiscm you get and don't panic.

Ferritin

Junior Wrenchman

06-27-2012

Yeah TT is pretty imbalanced atm... We need some changes... Draft Mode... Solo Queue...

TX Rageful Bean

06-29-2012

Could we have draft pick for lower then level 30?

How new are you? I hope you will make TT a better place, and in return I will forever love you :3

Fire Lantern

Senior Recruiter

07-02-2012

The Dragon needs to be remade right now it is possible to solo it with some champions even at lvl 7 most at level 9. The Buff and the global gold you get from the Dragon is way too high and is a baron like reward. And i mean how many times do you see someone soloing Baron in 5v5?? Lowering the Gold and changing the buff should really be required.

Also i would like to point out the jungle. Right now you see a jungler on 3v3 very rearly but the startegy works miracles and why don't we see 3v3 junglers? Because the jungle is "TOO STRONK!" at early levels and you struggle in it before you obtain the lantern.

I might do a whole topic on what could be changed to balance the TT out. It deserves much more love because it is a great fast paced map jet still having the original Dota elements in it (as opposed to Dominion). And yes solo Queue would really be loved.

Oh and nerf the dragon buff not Irelia <3

Ufer

07-04-2012

F.uck u all! Riot s.ucks ! All what riot wants is money u a.ssholes! What do u want to do? Ban me? Haha riot gives a f.uck of his gamers! U f.ucking asssssshole!.

gabzpiano

07-06-2012

Quote:
NiirB v2:
The Dragon needs to be remade right now it is possible to solo it with some champions even at lvl 7 most at level 9.

for a long time i've been able to solo the dragon when it spawns at 4:40 with udyr... i managed once with olaf too. and before shaco's boxes got nerfed, my friend would solo it with ap shaco... by stacking boxes, that still works decently.

the biggest problem with the map is a simple issue of the short distance between the nexus tower and the spawn pool (and its LASER)

that issue creates many matches going into bunker status.. because it is very hard to take that tower, because of how close it is to that frigging laser (((((((((( every other issue on the map should be lower priority than this, in my opinion. welcome and congratz on ur position btw, Riotname!

ND1Razor

07-10-2012

I suggest adding custom items (think dominion) and removing certain ones to knock down the all bruiser teams that dominate currently.

It's unwise to not go mobility bruiser as your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Gubbyfish

07-15-2012

I suggest buffing dragon so is requires all 3 of the players to take the dragon down

fx the enemy team is pushing bot - 2 of my team mates are defending while i rush dragon at about 20 secs .. that is way to unbalanced

Cronùs

07-19-2012

Dunno if i should post this here but there is an unfair buff in 3v3.
if you play on the blue side you can get behind enemy purple lines by walking through the FoW.
If you play on purple side this aint possible cause the FoW is way smaller on the left side.
Please fix this :<