AP solomid rune page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XYZMaksy96

24-06-2012

There have probably been countless threads like this before, but I want to know for myself what the best runes are for an AP champion mid. I normally play Veigar as my main AP champ, but i want a setup that works for a wider range of champions (mana regen is my main issue with Veigar, but i'm still not sure what to pick)

owner of lol

25-06-2012

I go full AP, gives you 34 at start without masteries.

HybridxAngel

25-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZMaksy96 View Post
There have probably been countless threads like this before, but I want to know for myself what the best runes are for an AP champion mid. I normally play Veigar as my main AP champ, but i want a setup that works for a wider range of champions (mana regen is my main issue with Veigar, but i'm still not sure what to pick)
If you have mana issues get athene holy grail
Gives you a lot of mana regen like a blue buff,if you kill some1
It refunds 12% mana
Anyway i also get 21armour and 26AP without masteries
Why armour? Well its my Vladimir Rune Page
But it works well on other mid laners,if a jungler ganks you early game
He wont do a alot of damage. I noticed alot with these runes if a jungler ganks me
They doesnt do much damage sometimes i even get a double kill

Ganthas

26-06-2012

I run magic pen. marks, flat mana reg seals/ flat armor seals. flat ap glyphs, flat magic resist quints or flat ap quints.

KevWu

30-06-2012

Depending on who you are up against, there are two common rune page sets (assuming you are playing veigar or something similar vs another ap mid);

If it is a champion/team you want to burst to death in order to win the lane, i'd say mpen reds, flat mp5 yellows, scaling ap/mr blues and flat ap quints

However, if it is a champion/team you are going to farm for 25min against to stack up your Q and win late, you could go flat mr/mpen reds, flat mp5 yellows, mr blues and quints of choice

Kaee

11-10-2012

r

ProxyDamage

11-10-2012

I'd say the generic AP carry page is flat AP quints, flat Mpen marks, flat armour seals, and flat mresist glyphs. That's the most generic "broad spectre" page, it's the one I'm using currently, but each champion benefits more from specific runes and bonuses.

Demacia

11-10-2012

My standard ap rune page is:

AP/lvl Quints
MPen Marks
Flat Armor Seals
Ap/lvl glyphs.

I might think about getting Mp5 seals, but well, I just filled the blanks with my other runes.
I favour ap/lvl over ap because I rarely get too aggressive in the early, and since I don't fail my lane that much (and I expect others to not fail theirs as well) the game tends to be long.

Stetto

12-10-2012

There are several possibilities and ProxyDamage's suggestion is by far the most generic, that will work with manaless champions as well.

You'll need flat armour seals anyway for top and bot lane, so you might as well buy them now. They'll protect you against auto attack harassment and minion damage. Both are actually a huge deal during the early game.
Magic Penetration marks are simply the best option for AP carries in this slot.
Flat MR glyphs will make you harder to harass and allow you to trade better.
Flat AP quints will most likely deliver the most burst damage

You'll sooner or later want to build different, champion specific rune pages, but for now this should be your goal.
There are a lot of other options, e.g. more AP (scaling or flat), mana regeneration or movement speed.
But although these options are situanally very strong, they're not suitable for every champion.

Nareull

12-10-2012

I use the Mpen marks, mp5/level seals, AP/lvl glyphs and flat AP quints. Gives a nice all-round boost throughout the game.

Going all AP is also a good choice if you intend to zone your opponent early on completely. You will, however, need a champ that's good for poking. Veigar is okay in that regard, but something like LB would definitely be much more of a pain.