Question: Who is the BEST tank in LOL

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R0yalJester

29-11-2010

Hey there, i was just wondering and i made this Thread to get some opinions on who is the best tank in LOL

if you Reply, tell why you think he is the best.

For me:
Best Tank is.... Rammus.

Gotta love that guy, you can initiate a team fight at anytime with this guy and have the advantage every time with Picturing Taunt, a taunt with defense reduction,and a long duration.
can increase is MR and ARM by 150 for 6 secs and become a Anti melee dps.
Also, is ultimate can wreak chaos in the middle of a team, if you had a nifty little Sunfire cape, you will deal easily 150 damage ea sec. not to mention save your carry with Taunt and make them atk you (getting damage from ulti + sunfire+ dbc+ auto atks)

This is my opinion. give me yours ^^

Kiromana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2010

Usually it's Galio>Shen>Rammus>Malphite if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, best tank vs AD I'd say Rammus is, he's also a great jungler, best vs magic users would be Galio (obviously).

Shen's the best all-rounder tho, his ulti is rediculous in certain situations.

Beastic

29-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiromana View Post
Usually it's Galio>Shen>Rammus>Malphite if I'm not mistaken.
I wouldn't rank them like you did. Every of them is extremely good in their special way. Malphite takes out 2 carry's with his ground slam and initiates godly with his ult.

Rammus is very endurant and can deal hughe amounts of damage.

Shen is extremely good against AOE teams because of his taunt hitting up to 3 opponents.

Galio always a good pick also he isn't that good in dealing damage if you don't buy a zonyas or other AP items.

R0yalJester

29-11-2010

you are rating them like Elementz, i asked for personal opinions.

Galio as a AOE taunt every 2min, he can poke, but after the nerf he lost a load of damaging potential.
Malphit its a DPS tank, can damage but has no real tank ability, other than his ultimate and is passive.
Shen i like, the shield ultimate is just awesome.
rammus is my pride and joy.

Kiromana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2010

I rated them as I think of them, I'm not a high-elo player or anything but this how I would rate them, but I forgot one of the best "support" tanks, Amumu. His AoE stun + a few AoE damage dealers (fiddle, katarina etc) makes enemy teams lose, but it's a high risk/reward, if you miss the AoE's, your team will most likely be screwed.

Anyway, Malphite/Mordekaiser/Garen are all awesome at dealing damage while being able to soak alot of damage.

I usually play Malphite when I choose a tank, his harassing skill is godly and I can build him as a pure tank, mage, semi-tank/mage and also a carry :> Tho' he's not the best carry but if you don't got a real carry and you've got a spare tank, then he's awesome.

R0yalJester

29-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiromana View Post
I usually play Malphite when I choose a tank, his harassing skill is godly and I can build him as a pure tank, mage, semi-tank/mage and also a carry :> Tho' he's not the best carry but if you don't got a real carry and you've got a spare tank, then he's awesome.
that is my problem with malphite, he can fit into any role that he lost a PURE role,
he can't tank as good as galio, rammus or shen (no good CC, no tank skills like shields and stuff) if he goes carry he can't do it has good as MF, Kog, Vlad (no real damaging DPS) and a can't go as a tank damage dealer as good as Mord, Garen ( simply can't out damage them)
this is my opinion of course
still i hate to fight malphite since he hard to harass, passive is annoying in lane phase.

Barney Rubble

29-11-2010

Mordekaiser is the best tank his armor is realy strong and he can do massive damage with mace of spades i can solo 3ppl with him just kill a high dmg take his ghost then own the team hes realy good

Altorax

29-11-2010

I'm gonna say Amumu and Galio simply because the number of times I got wrecked by AoE teams this week. :/

Thor von Asgard

29-11-2010

No1 Amumu
No2 Alistar
No3 Shen/Rammus

Altorax

29-11-2010

Alistar? O.o
Headbutt is extremely versatile I agree...but Pulverize has tiny range and the rest of his skills aren't very useful imo. Plus, he's definitely the worst farmer.

12345 ... 10