Internet speed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Why Give A Damn

22-06-2012

What upload and download speeds are needed to play LoL without noticeable lag?
I have a really good computer but pretty poor broadband and I hate playing with lag.

Anyone know what a good speed to be at is? Only getting about 0.6 upload speed which seems pretty low.

RavagerGR

22-06-2012

With the same amount of upload I am playing with ping between 75 and 97 most of the time so u gonna be allright

Neoshai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-06-2012

I got 384kb/s Download and 86kb/s Upload playing with around 60-70ms

LoLYaHoO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-06-2012

I am living in georgia, Global speed is 100 kb/ps and playing with 80 ms all the time.

Lícozy

22-06-2012

well download&upload has nothing to do with ping at first...but if you're using your full download speed your ping will get higher...(same with upload)

I'm at 6Mbps download/0.6upload and I got 32 ms ping which is very comfortable

Jari666

22-06-2012

Online games usually use very little traffic. It's important to have no shaping, fastpath and a good peering. Internet speed doesn't really matter unless you wanna use your connection for other applications as well.

Why Give A Damn

22-06-2012

Thanks for all the replies guys.

GamerGurke15

08-05-2014

Do you guys actually know that the downlod rate/upload rate as non impact at all at the ping?
Those are completely different things:
The Download reate describes the amount of data packages that can be loaded from a server to your PC in one sec.
Therefore, upload means the amount of data packages that can be loaded from your PC to a server in one sec.
The ping instead describes the delay of the packages. So if you send a package to a server it won't arrive at the same time duo to the fact that data is transported (in the best case) via optical fiber. Which means that the data has the speed of light, which is fast but not instant.

Phorenzik

08-05-2014

Never lag feels good

TaXoRo

08-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurke15 View Post
Do you guys actually know that the downlod rate/upload rate as non impact at all at the ping?
Those are completely different things:
The Download reate describes the amount of data packages that can be loaded from a server to your PC in one sec.
Therefore, upload means the amount of data packages that can be loaded from your PC to a server in one sec.
The ping instead describes the delay of the packages. So if you send a package to a server it won't arrive at the same time duo to the fact that data is transported (in the best case) via optical fiber. Which means that the data has the speed of light, which is fast but not instant.
Nice necro.

Anyway yeah.