Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Points "RIPP OFF"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlord Kikosu

11-27-2010

Hello, I'm a dude whos pretty much ... well ... average. I deal with things such as school, work, home, friends and pets.

Today I got a bit angry at the "system". The reason why is as follows:
I've bought 19K Riot Points, fair and square.

Aprox cost: 840 norwegian kroner - 8(++ dependant of payment) hrs of work.

I've bought around 15(around 16k Riot Points) champions with them. All from 975-260RP.

I recently discovered a champion bundle for 3k Riot Points aswell... This of course, does not please me. This bundle contains 11 of the 15 champions I've bought with Riot Points, to the prize of at least 9-14k. You wanna know the rest? Oh, well.. nothing biggy. But the Champion Bundle contains 20(TWENTY!!!) champions. (If that ain't tricking a person then I don't know what is...)

I find it unfair that there are no "Riot Points" refund. Not as in "I WANT MY MONEY BACK" in reality, but ... to simply get the riot points back. It's pretty obvious a "rip off" if they don't commercialize for the bundle or anything, I don't even recall anyone saying anything about it (neither in communty or updates). Also what THEY don't realize, is that if they would commercialize that bundle... they would have even more customers... I mean its obvious.. 3k Riot Points isn't expensive at all..! People would even buy twice as much. But noooooooooooooooooo... instead they rip off impatient people such as myself...

No refund policy.. pff... UP YOURS!

(Expected response; Noob, Lazy, Idiot, What did you expect?, L2P, Stop whining, Look it up next time, tard, Thats not being ripped off, you're just stupid. *pretty much non-agreeable comments*, but I beg to differ, on this subject, I think I am correct. There's no fun in being "ripped off" (sorry, but I'd like to keep calling it that ^^) in that kind of way. I think they should get a "Riot Points/Intuiton Points" refund button, for bought champions (obviously with a time limit or something), this would make players A LOT more happier (don't think they need a refund button for skins :3 , buy it and lose it).
Either that, or SHOOOOOOW things like those stupid bundles better >_&gt

- I apologize for my typing errors etc. I'm not exactly the best person when it comes to English either. (By the way, try not to be all too sarcastic with your comments, will ya? It's just a pain to comment them).

~ You're mate, Warlord Kikosu (Don't blame me for trying, I just wanted a weeeeee bit of attention. I hope you find this post useful is some way)!
:Wishes for a more user friendly environment.
:-) Yay me, lots of negative points? <3

Hunny

11-27-2010

Maybe you shuld have checked the whole store area out befor starting spend RP. Like I did, and I relised getting those boundles will save me loads of money and give me loads of champs.

Warlord Kikosu

11-27-2010

Quote:
Hunny:
Maybe you shuld have checked the whole store area out befor starting spend RP. Like I did, and I relised getting those boundles will save me loads of money and give me loads of champs.

Thats exactly what I am reffering to, I thought bundles was unnecacery because I thought it was something like. IP boost bundles. I don't really know how to reply it through words... But like I said, they should commercialize ^^.

Thanks for commenting <3

:-)

Brother Doma

11-27-2010

Whoops much?

CrazyIvan

Recruiter

11-27-2010

I bought Kennen yesterday with my RP when I was trying to buy him with IP. I was rather pissed that I couldn't do anything about it even though all I did was miss-click. Fortunately he's on sale so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still...

skemmotar

11-27-2010

Well, if you're going to spend money on an online game you always should check for offers because there are always offers. If you can't find anything, ask on the forums before buying.

For example, SOE has double SC (stationcash) days for SC cards redeemed in certain weekends. They don't advertise it but anyone who has played a SOE game knows this and can advise you to wait. Same with bundles. You should have checked. It's like saying that you bought your RP slowly when you could have waited and bought a big bundle of RP and get x% more RP or buying new champ+skins separately instead of the bundle and calling that a rip off.

Unfortunately, the only thing one can say is: be careful next time.

Warlord Kikosu

11-27-2010

Quote:
Nildaineous:
Whoops much?

"Whooops" idd.

Warlord Kikosu

11-27-2010

Quote:
skemmotar:

For example, SOE has double SC (stationcash) days for SC cards redeemed in certain weekends. They don't advertise it but anyone who has played a SOE game knows this and can advise you to wait. Same with bundles. You should have checked. It's like saying that you bought your RP slowly when you could have waited and bought a big bundle of RP and get x% more RP or buying new champ+skins separately instead of the bundle and calling that a rip off.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But people really don't expect "a guy who just wants to relax" to go to the forum and read "debates" and all sorts of weird things. And for some reason, I don't think they'd want to post stuff either.

I just think they should be a bit more user friendly. As far as I know, I didn't start reading stuff until now... now that its too late.

My thoughts are currently this; All they (Riot) do, is read the "bugs" / stuff about champions and about champions being OP.
They should care a bit more about us, since they care for their money so.

Thanks for commenting <3 I appreciate it

Valjen

11-27-2010

Yeah, clearly a rip off.

Quote:
I don't even recall anyone saying anything about it (neither in communty or updates).

That's because it has been there for ages.

In other news, there is sale on Steam. Some people have bought some of those games in full price earlier. Clearly they should get a refund now that others can get same product for cheaper. No?

Stop being silly.

Warlord Kikosu

11-27-2010

Quote:
CrazyIvan:
I bought Kennen yesterday with my RP when I was trying to buy him with IP. I was rather pissed that I couldn't do anything about it even though all I did was miss-click. Fortunately he's on sale so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but still...

Yeah, these things happen ALL the time. There are more than just a few cases where this has occured, at least there are times such as these where one is lucky.

Somewhat happy on your behalf (by that I mean I'm glad he had a 75% sale so that you didn't waste that much

Congratz with a new champ! May you own even harder in LoL.

Thanks for sharing your comment <3