Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends: Greek Launch Event

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GFeu Snorlax

06-20-2012

Quote:
DaPino:
Not that I'm *****ing about the fact that they got it but... What exactly, in your opinion, did the Greekish community do to 'deserve' this? Do they have better behavior? Are they better players? I don't think so, they don't 'deserve' this over any other country, they just 'get' this.

They deserve it cause of the people with a language barrier, since Greece isnt positioned near any English speaking country I personally think it's appropriate for them to have LoL in their language. all the people in Greece got a ton of **** from Europe and I do think that this is just a slight thing of giving back. Yes they do just get it, but under the circumstances I absolutely understand why Riot is giving them this. I thought a lot of people talked about Portugal, we all have played with Portugese and Spain people and I think giving them their own platform will make them only talk in their own language.
I never for one second said Holland needed a server since I think it isn´t necessary, for Greek people it certainly is necessary

Katsikompixtis

06-20-2012

Summer vacations in Greece ey Riot? Nice! :P

Don't forget to eat Souvlaki with plenty of Tzatziki in it, visit the beaches of the many Islands, Crete and Peloponnesus.

Truth be told,as much as i like the idea, i'm afraid that this is the worst possible time to organize such an event here. Especialy in Athens.

There's poverty, crime, social unrest and a lot of other ugly stuff going on here. Not many will pay any attention, and many who will do, will probably not be able to attend because there's no money to spare.

I think it would be better to postpone such an event till the situation normalizes a bit.

Kordeeth

06-20-2012

We want League of Legends in Italy!

Dr Mundø

06-20-2012

when do they come to visit England? =(

Aramis El Koth

06-20-2012

for some reason they delete my reply! i said:
@RIOT pls change the name GREECE and GREEK! the correct word is HELLAS and HELLENIC

Andriod 69

06-20-2012

Why do the greeks get this, they dont even have money to keep up thier own country. what they really need is money, not a reason to spend money.

Arcanineh

Recruiter

06-20-2012

Quote:
Andriod 69:
Why do the greeks get this, they dont even have money to keep up thier own country. what they really need is money, not a reason to spend money.

So that's your reason why the greeks don't deserve this? It's not their fault that their country is in a bad situation..

AsiLoGiStoS

06-20-2012

Jesus crist , you ppl CAN'T READ on the topic there is a line that sais :
"You will see that you have confirmed all details needed in order to sign up"
and below that there is a F.Screenshot which says about the server..so
it sais Game Account: LoL Summoners Name(EU-EAST)
If you dont know how to use the forums and dont know how to read pls dont start typing questions randomly its annoying and irritating for me who is not my job,imagine for those who do it as their job,they do it correctly and have all of you questioning their work cause you are blind.

unbeatable619

06-20-2012

What about greeks that are on EU WEST server?? plz answer if u can...

Mikolz

06-20-2012

Quote:
Demorphic:
Greek support will be launched on EUNE.

Players on EUW will be offered a free one-way transfer to EUNE.

The tournament may be on our tournament realm yes.

Event date is yet to be released. We appreciate your exams and will make every effort not to disrupt them with an awesome League of legends party.

Please be aware that the eSports scene for Greece on EUNE is about to explode.

listen guys, it's fairly simple, you just have to click on that little thingi upper right of the forum thread that says "First Riot Post" and skimp through the rest of the rep posts.
So that answers the question about EUW.

PS: be less aggro guys, c'mon.