How to counter Ashe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keith

16-06-2012

I'm organising a game night in a few weeks with a few friends. There's a strong chance that on in particular will use Ashe, and that's the only character they play. I however, because the construde rules we have, will be using a freebie champ, or at the very least a very cheap one. Because of that, I need help figuring out how to counter her, preferably with a cheap hero.

I usually play AD, whether it's with a squishy carry like Varus or a pusher like Sion. I know that Thornmail is probably a good idea, but as we will be playing with 10 people(if all goes to plan) it would be preferable if I didn't completely sacrifice my build just to be anti-Ashe.

So if everything went to plan, I'd play a tank, preferably AD, that would be free that week. I'd then proceed to most likely use my Sion build, which is dedicated mostly to DPS and Life Steal. It varies with the items, but it has the basic formula of a DPS AD; it's mostly just knowing what exactly I can do to specifically kick her ass. I'm figuring I should get some anti-frost and get my move speed up too, so that she doesn't escape. I'd also of course add Thornmail, but I'm not sure how potent the return would be if she has good magic armour.

I would also like to clarify that as of now, neither of us(very few in the total group) have even played PvP before. The rough idea is to play ARAM, but that'll probably change for a few games, in which case I might test Shaco since I've been meaning to try him out in PvP.

DivineEvil

16-06-2012

Ashe is hard AD Carry. That means that she can shine only in late game with good minion farm, and the more offensive your team will be towards her, the less presence she will be able to show later. Thus any champions that can play agressive will work as good as you can imagine. Good picks for lane against her is Nunu+Kayle. Combined CC and damage can shut her down quite fast. on other lanes anything will work as long as enough pressure is provided.

Anything more than that depends on further details.

Keith

16-06-2012

Well the plan is that we all make new accounts and get up to about Level 5. Or roughly enough so we can all buy one or two cheap champs, maybe one slightly more expensive one if there's a sale or we decide on a higher cap. As such, it's most certain I'll be able to buy at least one 450 IP champ. I'm pretty certain she'll buy Ashe, since she's only ever played one other champ and she doesn't seem to care for trying any other champs, even if they're ranged AD carries again. Not got much to say on that.

It also depends what free champs are around when we do it I guess. We'll probably be doing this in about 3 weeks, at the end of the week so everyone has some time to get accustomed to the free ones and simply because the weekend is easier to play on.

midnight illusio

17-06-2012

Go Alistar/Tristana bot lane and crush her. Both are free from youtube/facebook and they will **** on an Ashe lane, especially considering that chances are your opponents won't be using Janna (I'm guessing Soraka will be the support of choice for them).

Ram9bo

17-06-2012

Hmm.. Dr. Mundo is 1350 IP, I don't know if tha'ts too much. However if you were too play him, Ashe couldn't do fck. Spam your Q dodge her W (not nesecairy) and her game is screwed up.
http://summoneroftheleagueram9bo.blo...012/05/dr.html
This could be useful.

If you're not able to play him, I'd say Listen to Midnight illusio, Tristana is free to get and strong, allistar I don't really know.

Hope this helps,
Ram9bo
http://summoneroftheleagueram9bo.blogspot.nl/

MaxiBe├ža

17-06-2012

Ezreal is great against her. His Q beats her W when trading. Her permaslow doesnt mean anything, since he can E away.

Just dont get hit by her crit the moment u reach lane and you will be fine.

RusMolot

20-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineEvil View Post
Ashe is hard AD Carry. That means that she can shine only in late game with good minion farm, and the more offensive your team will be towards her, the less presence she will be able to show later. Thus any champions that can play agressive will work as good as you can imagine. Good picks for lane against her is Nunu+Kayle. Combined CC and damage can shut her down quite fast. on other lanes anything will work as long as enough pressure is provided.

Anything more than that depends on further details.
What he said. But to paraphrase: kill her for fb, kill her again, then again, and keep going and going.... enenergizer bunny style. Without feed or farm, shes a paper thin champ that is only useful for her ult and has little to no comeback potential.