Why always last picks in duo queue ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenik400

15-06-2012

Is there any specific reason why me and my friend when duo queueing ALWAYS getting the 2 last spots OR getting 3rd and 4th while 1st and 5th are another premade ?

We have a 15 points difference and it happens all the time, why can't we be sometimes 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 3rd ? Is Riot aware of this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Tenik400

Tenik400

17-06-2012

bump 5 points difference still happens the same.

Tenik400

20-06-2012

bump

Tenik400

21-06-2012

Since I have been getting no answer I went through my last games to provide some evidence to what I am saying.
Notice these numbers are only from the games I played with him that we had a difference in points/rating lower then 25.

4th and 5th picks - 40 games.
3rd and 4th picks - 16 games.
different picks with one of us being last pick - 10 games.
different picks where neither of us was last pick - 2 games.

So can someone explain me why this happens ? Can some red tell me if this is supposed to happen ? Because honestly its extremely frustrating for the 2 of us to play like this in duo queue .

Thanks in advance,
Tenik400

Cypherous

21-06-2012

As you mention points i assume this is a ranked game and as such team order is determined by ELO, when you duo-queue you get placed with people who slightly above your normal ELO bracket as you have a higher chance of winning than 2 solo players statistically, as such they will most likely have a higher ELO than you and as such will get to pick before you

Ettanin

21-06-2012

As a duo queue your average Elo is raised by a small factor so you are considered a little higher in Elo than you truly are for the advantage of more direct cooperation.
You may be peered with single queuers who have a higher normal Elo than you, leaving you to the last places.

Tenik400

21-06-2012

Thanks alot for the answers.

pandavinci

21-07-2012

Imo this is still retarted, whats the point of duo quoing then?

Daymartpa

20-08-2012

Duo queue is annoying. Atleast the last 150 duo queue games I have been 140 on last pick. This is bad cause this way I end up more then 50% of the time on the botlane and mostly as support. It's frustrating to have no chance on playing the champs you like, cause you are last pick always.

The solution would be to stop duo queue. I like this game cause I can play it with a good irl friend of mine. If I cannot play with him without ending botlane support to a stranger I would seriously question myself why I keep playing a game with a retarded matchmaking system.

Maartyr

14-08-2013

well since some patch 3.8 or 3.9 im been given ONLY 5th/last pick as duo queue, but im gold and my friend is silver 1 but he is above me and some other guys who have even lwer elo is still above me, but before those mentioned patches i was always first pick, can riot answer this, WHY did you change this??