Would you like this?

Yes! 9 39.13%
No! 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Rent a Skin! Rent a Champion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reetry

25-11-2010

Hello riot, I really think we should have a some sort of, rent a skin, rent a champion.
I've seen this in Need for Speed World for example, you can rent a car for maybe 100 "Speed points" and buy it for maybe 3000.

I think we should have something like that in League of Legends too.

Lets say, Brolaf is being released and I for example wants it, I'm not sure if I like the skin or not, but instead of spending a few euros on a skin I wont like whenever i see it ingame. You could be able to rent a skin for 24 hours.

Same goes for champions, a new champion is released and you might not bother waiting 2 weeks to test it, so you rather spent a few less euros on renting it for 24 hours. Then you can decide if you want to buy it for lifetime or not.

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2010

Skins: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=123056

Champs: Rotation

With new champs; you watch the spotlight/others play it ingame as tonnes of people will buy the champ. I'd rather people couldn't rent stuff because the influx of "I'm renting this so sorry if I suck, lol!" would be too high and annoying.

Reetry

25-11-2010

Yes of course, but just because you see one dude playing good in game, because he might enjoy playing carries and you're more likely to something different, wouldn't it be a shame to waste loads of riot points on a champion you wont be playing for long?

Never seen that link, thanks!

Ahri Nine Tails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2010

You should know if a carry is your playstyle or not though . I know there's the aura of misconception (seeing an Evelynn feed then thinking she's good) but that's where the factor of the community kicks in;

Asking on the forums is a really good choice, also looking at fansites dedicated to guides (www.leaguecraft.com www.mobafire.com) will greatly help you decide whether you want said champ.

I'm just saying it'd be better than having people suffer because their team is using rented champs. Researching is a must on games like LoL.

JackTheHat

25-11-2010

I think its a actually a neat idea, sort of like try before you buy, and no Xuno you shouldn't know whether you will like carry or a mage, each champ is pretty different will let you know whether you like it or not. I said about many champs I didn't liek from lots of research but once I got them I fonud they were great like all the champs really.

Looking things up CANNOT compare with trying to champ yourself. Im also sure he is aware of the champion rotation but when I started playing I really couldn't stand sitting think I want to try this champ and that champ but couldn't because of the rotation. Hence I why I bought both the bundles and continued to buy more champs until I only miss 3 of them.

Of course I would never rent a champ because I am not a fan of renting in general but it IS a good idea for some people. I wouldn't want to rent something for say 100-200 RP then buy it after, would mean you would end up spending more.

NeoRush

25-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reetry View Post
Hello riot, I really think we should have a some sort of, rent a skin, rent a champion.
I've seen this in Need for Speed World for example, you can rent a car for maybe 100 "Speed points" and buy it for maybe 3000.

I think we should have something like that in League of Legends too.

Lets say, Brolaf is being released and I for example wants it, I'm not sure if I like the skin or not, but instead of spending a few euros on a skin I wont like whenever i see it ingame. You could be able to rent a skin for 24 hours.

Same goes for champions, a new champion is released and you might not bother waiting 2 weeks to test it, so you rather spent a few less euros on renting it for 24 hours. Then you can decide if you want to buy it for lifetime or not.
For the skins: Google them. Look at them. Then you will know if you like it or not..
For the champs: Champ rotation.

Solution found.

Shaun Bot

25-11-2010

I'd like to test some champions, and I think it'd be neat if you can only play rented champions in practice games.
What if renting a champion costs 10% of the actual cost?
That way, newbs can't rent a 'high skill' champion (Pretty sure I read somewhere that higher cost = higher skill, or it's been said by Riot! or something like that...) and noobs can't rent MF and use her passive + boots of mobility to run all the way from home base to enemy base without the cost.
Also, maybe you can do it for IP and RP, so that it's not a unique feature.
In my experience, when games have too many things exclusive for paying members, they lose customers.
So yeah, just my two pence.