League of Legends: you name its flaws!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faeze

12-06-2012

Hello community!

Today I wanted to bring forth something I had thought about alot recently: The biggest downpoints of League of Legends.

LoL is a fun game, hands down, and Riot is doing a great job keeping me entertained all while making me spend tons and tons of money on a free game. I smell black magickz...

But as everything, LoL is not perfect.
I feel like there are just several "issues" League of Legend has, some of which cannot be resolved due to their impact on gameplay, or aren't even regarded as such by Riot.

To start off, those all too strong towers on summoners rift. I do think LoL shoots itself in the foot here just because of the almost untouchable safety a tower offers on early lvls. The might of a tower combined with short lanes, restricted number of ganking routes and the trend of giving new champions some sort of flashy abilities to make it out untouched reallyhurt aggressive early play.
Of course, one cannot tell if this would actually be 100% beneficial for LoL, but to me, towers feel really restricting, and even Riot likes to promote aggressive gameplay, if I recall correctly.

Second being flash. Yeah, here comes that flash OP whine again.
Well no, I do not want it nerfed into oblivion and I know LoL was balanced about it being there. But, as far as the options of summoner spells go, Flash doesn't feel like one. It's more of a necessity for the vast majority of the champions. I don't think of this as an acceptable state.
It may be the OP nature of an instant repositioning that causes it to be a necessity, but I also think Riot should at least make more viable options for summoners, maybe buff some overlooked ones. If they can do that with Swain, they could do the same with summoners next (haha, just kidding).
At least make someone feel like making a sacrifice when taking flash.

Now, I want your thoughts. Are you satisfied with the way things go? Is there something you miss in gameplay? Hell, even if its just the sucky matchmaking system, let me know about it!

tl;dr What to you think needs some major rethinking from Riot?

Solash

12-06-2012

Well i'll just get the biggest out of the way, the community.

Fine

12-06-2012

Firstly, Towers are an essential part of LoL balance and they need to be that strong. There's no escaping that.
Secondly, the game is balanced around flash and 70% of the time I use it, it's offensively. They can't buff other summoners so that they become a better choice over flash. That would make it stupidly overpowered.
Communities are bad in every game.

The biggest problem I see in LoL is not very apparent, and it barely shows, so its hard to agree with me here. The item scaling, ability scaling and AD and AP stats are very unbalanced in terms of their worth as well as how easy it is to accumulate it. I think that AD scaling is in a really bad position in where Riot has been boxing in the AD stat something horrible with the available item choices. For AD casters there is barely any variety in where you have access to AD, and it all stems from AD scaling being a necessity on AD casters like Riven, Renekton etc. What they need to do is introduce many more new items as well as give these champions double scalings that are NOT AD or AP. This means, if Renekton scaled off health as well as a low AD scaling. This would better push them away from these terrible statuses that they have had. The most recent example of this problem is that they felt the need to give Darius 25% passive Armour Penetration just because they felt he did too little damage. That is ridiculous, and just goes to show how badly balanced the AD stat is.

Kiezer

12-06-2012

as solash said, the community is by far one of the worst communities i have ever encountered, i tend to get really worked up because other people. im not one to rage hard, i do have my little rages and what not. but not everyone is bad, however most games someone is going to get rude and give us a disadvantage because everyone is going to lose concentration due to someone spamming chat with insults, some aimed at me or my team mates. Just plain bad community rly.

Arkaniah

12-06-2012

Community.

GodlyTrojan

12-06-2012

NA Community beats European Community though, i don't know but apparantly it's like this

NA>EUW>EUNE>PBE

Apparantly PBE has a lot of idiots and morans flaming, things like ''KS'' is common there, it's obviously just kids wanting cool skins/unlocking all champs that wanna play on PBE, I watched a guy on a stream testing Darius and there was this vlad with Legendary Skin with really bad grammar flaming like he's gone insane, and people flame eachother in the lobby really hard if they want a specific champion, usually the new champ.