what is best for ap users?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

66Hidan66

24-11-2010

would it be best to take full Magic penetration on runes or should you go full ability power?

i have like 20 ability power and 14 magic penetration is that bad or good?

Ediwir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchman

24-11-2010

it's dependant from your AP ratios.
in the long-term, usually magpen is better, but if you focus yourself in early/mid game, AP runes may be very useful too.

Voluge

25-11-2010

if the AP ratio's are decent enough then AP>MP however for low AP ratio champions it's better to go MP instead of AP. You should very well know what champion got low AP ratio and what other champion got high AP ratio by yourself. However 14MP and 20 AP without anything else isn't exactly the best for you during mid-late game. About 15 flat AP is attainable through 3 AP quints, it isn't worth it to use flat AP seals for that reason, if compared to scaling AP seals the scaling ones would already get better than the flat seals from lvl 6 or so. But if the AP champion you're using got high AP ratio's but needs mana in order to use the abilities then I would recommend mp5/lvl scaling seals instead and AP/lvl scaling glyphs along with the flat AP quints however it also depends at how much mana champ x requires in order to maintain his/her mana consumption without any bigger problem/s so mp5 scaling glyphs can be welcomed in smaller amounts if needed (it shouldn't be).

In short, it all depends at what AP using champion you're using, mana consuming or not, high ap ratio's or not, melee or not and so on. These should be the main things to keep in mind, but you should very well try to balance your rune pages with your item builds, use runes for stats that you really need early-mid game in order to do well late game unless you're playing an late game champion.

D1am0ndback

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-11-2010

The standard "ap" rune page is: flat AP on quints (boosts early game), scaling AP blues, Magic Pen reds and whatever you like on yellows.

Gufnork

26-11-2010

Magic Penetration is better late game, AP is better early game. Exactly when the switch occurs depends on AP ratios, but it's usually fairly early.

KaaZos

26-11-2010

Marks : Magic pen
Seals : Mana regen per level
Glyps : Ap per level
Greater Quintessence of Potency : AP

U can change seals in ap per lvl if you dont got a mana ap champion.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

26-11-2010

Voluge explained it better :P well, i have a page for mages, but i change something sometimes...

for good ratio:
magpen marks
flat AP quints
AP/lvl glyphs
manareg/lvl seals

for bad ratios:
magpen marks
magpen quints
AP/lvl glyphs OR flat cdr glyphs
manareg/lvl seals (or dodge seals if i want to play a manaless champ)

ShakeNBakeUK

28-11-2010

i dont see how 5 ap beats 32 hp on quints, ever.

sollniss

28-11-2010

15 ap can make a difference for a kill, 90hp are, since your are a squish, nothing, because you die in a matter of (milli)seconds anyway when you are focused and for early game 90hp are one autoattack.
15 ap early can result in quite a bit damage when you harrass a lot, since it sums up.

Jallaman3000

28-11-2010

I feel a need to give my worthless opinion=)
I would always go for the mpen, but in my opinion. A cdr page+mastries+golem will max out your cdr. Meaning the 300+ap will be dealt twice in almost the same time as once with +15 ap or 10 mpen.

But that's just my bad advice=)