Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exure

06-08-2012

Quote:
Tryndamere:

We're sorry

Sounds familiar.

DaPino

06-08-2012

Nothing to be done about it. If a (good) hacker wants to hack something there's nothing you're gonna do about it. Thanks tough Riot for the heads-up.

R3DRIG

06-08-2012

Even if the passwords are encrypted. Chances are, that over 20% of the players here are screwed and will have their accounts accessed soon. I for one can and will probaly be one of them due to me being lazy with my account here, however. I'm changing my password right now to my standard. And they can forget even trying to get into my e-mail accounts if they tried, they will never succeed unless they can get me to install a keylogger. All my passwords are minium 10 characters, with numbers and upper + lower case letters. And I have 5 different combinations of all those passwords, and I have over 20 passwords that I remember without paper, enabling me to have passwords that's over 200 characters in length. To bad that most and pretty much all websites does not allow 200 characters passwords.

It's hard to not get dissapointed with this stuff RIOT, and you should know that, the split and the exploits and failures that's been ransacking this community is slightly making me turning away more.

But atleast you apologized for this one, which you rarely do to be honest, especially when releasing pup stomper champs that ALWAYS get's nerfed later.

You should monitor the account activity/log it closely for the nextcoming 3 months at minimum, especially regarding IP purchases. Since the hackers (if they just wanna **** around), might run around buying worthless runes like - death timer quintencces etc. Or buy evelynn or twitch for RP (no one in their sane mind would do that).

All in all, this is really dissapointing, but tolerateable because of the apology.

Raks112

06-08-2012

Can i smell Free Ip boost?

Michael Badidis

06-08-2012

So bad.... my password is hacked and i don't remember the e-mail that i have registered my acc. So is it possible somehow to get my acc back. [email]samuilstamatov@gmail.com[/email] is my e-mail. Is it possible i can get back the information back on this email.Best regards!

R3DRIG

06-08-2012

Quote:
TheCh0s3n1:
So bad.... my password is hacked and i don't remember the e-mail that i have registered my acc. So is it possible somehow to get my acc back. [email]samuilstamatov@gmail.com[/email] is my e-mail. Is it possible i can get back the information back on this email.Best regards!

Oh look, a soooo totaly genuine case.

You are full of ****, you are asking for information without giving anything back to validate your claim, you are not going thru the support ticket system like any sensible person would.

I smell **** going on here, and I smell it from you.

Stay far away from that email people, and don't mail a single thing to it.

Rinathryn

06-08-2012

Hm, someone said all players would get an Email - I didn't so far, so is the Email sending still in progress or did in fact only those affected get an Email?

Michael Badidis

06-08-2012

Dude i don't know **** about computers and other stuff like that. Just looking for help cause i'm confused..... and i don't know where should i look for help

TSC Envy

06-08-2012

All thank you for telling us. Hope that problems are solved.

lohli

06-08-2012

When exactly did this occur?