Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadeyz346

06-08-2012

I already got hacked like 2 months ago or so, submitted a ticket and got solved, i think i'm safe now

Diado

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Seems like a lot of people don't understand how encrypted passwords work or are stored.

Encrypting a string such as a password doesn't stop the encrypted version of the string from being accessed, just makes it hard / impossible (depending on the encryption method used) to determine the original password from the encrypted string. Riot have stated that encrypted passwords were stolen, not that the encryption has been broken. I imagine that the encryption is a one-way salted hash anyway, so it's unlikely to be broken any time soon, if at all.

They've done their duty and let everyone who was affected know. Just change your passwords (which you should be doing regularly anyway) and quit worrying / *****ing so much.

Meradanis

06-08-2012

How could the hackers obtain first and last names when these are not required for creating an account in the first place ?

I once bought RP using the mobile payment option. Is there any chance that those hackers have my mobile number now ?

Bellisimoh

Producer

06-08-2012

Quote:
Meradanis:

I once bought RP using the mobile payment option. Is there any chance that those hackers have my mobile number now ?

Just to be absolutely clear. No credit card, billing information, or payment related information of any kind was stolen during this hacking incident.

sh3was16

06-08-2012

bah... password to my mail doest match now :|

454casul

06-08-2012

Why not enforce stronger passwords? Just make it so that those 11 passwords are impossible to use.

Also, use a longer salt - if those passwords are easy to crack, you don't salt em enough?

Epinion

06-08-2012

I don't understand why my question about http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/rewards/ have CakePHP error been down voted. If it's not intended so maybe they breach the website too.

It happens when I logged to the website, and click Referral status

H1rag4mi

Recruiter

06-08-2012

I'm glad you said it, but quite unsettled knowing that some of my personal details are floating on the net without actual consent, but anyway, favebook says it already.

Also, as in the same way we get compensated for server lag and that kind of stuff, will we get compensated?

datRavage

Recruiter

06-08-2012

ok my E-Mail account got hacked.
They sent some E-Mails to all my friends in my adressbook.

A picture:
http://www.IMG-Teufel.de/img_Unbenannt5bfb51a6JPG.jpg.html

Sir Hammerlock

06-08-2012

Quote:
iRavage:
ok my E-Mail account got hacked.
They sent some E-Mails to all my friends in my adressbook.

A picture:
http://www.IMG-Teufel.de/img_Unbenannt5bfb51a6JPG.jpg.html

My email too, but hotmail blocked me and made me change my password .
I was already wondering how the **** I got hacked but oh well...

Good job on figuring this out.