Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IM NUCLEAR

06-08-2012

RP compensation? Please?

GGoDeath

Recruiter

06-08-2012

Quote:
X Estarion X:
Unless your actually lying about the passwords being encrypted, it's just simple stuff that you havn't done, as well as the comment about email verification to change your passwords, I have never seen a big company not use this, but yours doesn't.

i think this is very valid, and wouldnt be surprised if it was the route of the problem..

Escoteiro

06-08-2012

When was it breached? I changed my password yesterday. Do I have to change it again?

Alma Mare

06-08-2012

Last time I changed my pass, I'd still write in my old one out of habit. The site refused it, but the client would actually accept both the old and new pass. This only stopped after the Darius patch (1st after it started happening)

My question: Is it worth it to change my pass? If the old one keeps working, how can I stop it from doing so?

Xarathas

06-08-2012

Haha, oh well.
The fun thing I see in this, is that this proves that the community really knows that Riot is a really really unique company.
They do everything they can to make the game enjoyable for us, have probably the best customer support I have ever experienced, so what happens if they get hacked and personal information gets stolen?
The community forgives them, is even thankful that they immediately shared this information.

Just imagine this kind of thread would appear on other certain forums...
Hint 1 (http://imgur.com/RyAL7)
Hint 2 (http://i.imgur.com/JlNbF.jpg)

11thDimensi0n

06-08-2012

Quote:
Even though we store passwords in encrypted form only, our security investigation determined that more than half of the passwords were simple enough to be at risk of easy cracking

For those who think that a 6 char password is "good enough" this is mostly to you.

Klusbert

06-08-2012

Quote:
Wartak:
RP compensation? Please?

Agree!
this is not acceptable.

Sad Sparrow

Recruiter

06-08-2012

OMG i received an email
my account also hacked (((
i donated tons of money (((((
but i immediately change password like this 'qTdOo0a5a51UYg6jU7xY' and logining in Copy - Paste

MalaHierba

06-08-2012

I am sure are the same hackers of Diablo 3, at least Riot has the balls to tell people

Fyrdhin

06-08-2012

Quote:
Klusbert:
Agree!
this is not acceptable.

And here come the shameless opportunists.

This was hardly the result of a screw up on Riot's end. As someone else has posted, if hackers can get into the Pentagon, they can get into Riot. So maybe we can show a modicum of understanding, and not immediately search for ways in which we can profit from this, perhaps?