Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekse

06-08-2012

Quote:
Ekse:
someone tell me how to change my security question and its answer.

Get me an answer on this please, over 300€ spent on my account over 2 years.

CoolColt

06-08-2012

I find it quite ironic that you sent everyone a mail, and in the same post you mention how we should be extra careful about pishing e-mails.

Semaphor

06-08-2012

So did you fall for the same noobtrap as LinkedIn and save the passwords unsalted? That's one of the most important things to mention.

And I just found out you have this great policy to require one number. That helps to make passwords insecure. Read this, it's a comic, not hard to understand: http://xkcd.com/936/

Nidd

06-08-2012

Mad props for sharing this information with us. I know it takes a lot of guts to step up to your customers and say that something went wrong.

A 100 Donkeys

06-08-2012

Quote:
I've got a smurf on these servers but I'm mainly on NA servers -- should I be worried that this might effect my main account if I used the same email?

I would say yes. My own googlemail account just yesterday had some "suspicious activity" on it where someone other than me tried to log on from somewhere in India, just today, so I would change all passwords in your mail and all passwords connected to your mail.

CoolColt

06-08-2012

Quote:
X Estarion X:
So you keep all the passwords under an Encryption, I'm sorry but do you use like 12 Bit encryption or something, This is completely unacceptable and even the most basic security measures can be taken to completely avoid this, step up to the plate guys ...
Invest in some 128 Bit encryption and stop slacking.

Sooooo true man, this is really absolute basics. SHA1 hash, at least!!

Krallous

06-08-2012

Sorry for asking this again but just for clarity, are only the people that are directly effected getting the e-mail or is everyone on EU-West/East getting an e-mail.

TatteredHat

06-08-2012

Thanks for the quick warning, boss. Good to see this won't be PSN debacle.

Ekse

06-08-2012

Quote:
Krallous:
Sorry for asking this again but just for clarity, are only the people that are directly effected getting the e-mail or is everyone on EU-West/East getting an e-mail.

Everyone, even if you are not affected.

Krallous

06-08-2012

Quote:
Ekse:
Everyone, even if you are not affected.

Ok thanks.