Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lmTheGayBoss

06-08-2012

I'm finishing CCNA - Security at the moment and online security is extremely important the fact that riot is reacting this fast means that they are well organized and aware

Fellow summoners pass the word to your friends that play and game buddys so that no one gets left in the dark

Lord Bane IV

06-08-2012

First of all thank you for telling us.

Regarding the safety of the passwords it would be really nice if you would allow us to use pass phrases this would be alot safer.

mfg Bane

Katanaha

06-08-2012

heh just got the mail, changed pw and np, thanks for warnin meh

Ekse

06-08-2012

someone tell me how to change my security question and its answer.

Mid

06-08-2012

pass changed
thanks for the heads up

Farfars Kebab

06-08-2012

Riot, do like blizard did. Use Athendicators to help protect accounts from being hacked.
Would be really nice if you could do that in the future.

RoniBoo

Community Coordinator

06-08-2012

Quote:
Rerdan:
Just out of curiosity: only the affected players will receive an e-mail or everyone in the mentioned platforms?

Because Riot Lomar states the former while Tryndamere the latter.

(If I got it right! )

As the official news states, the affected players of EUW and EINE will receive an e-mail in a bit.

Riot Lomar

Legal Counsel

06-08-2012

Quote:
Fente:
Today night on my friend account have dissapeared 5 champions and near 15 skins. Can somebody explain that?

Have your friend contact player support at support.leagueoflegends.com, they'll get to the bottom of it.

Samcrosby13

06-08-2012

Just saw email, done all things asked, Thanks a BUNCH for telling us. Excellent support you give to your community which is outstanding! Hopefully this gets solved, so good luck with the investigation!

X Estarion X

06-08-2012

So you keep all the passwords under an Encryption, I'm sorry but do you use like 12 Bit encryption or something, This is completely unacceptable and even the most basic security measures can be taken to completely avoid this, step up to the plate guys ...
Invest in some 128 Bit encryption and stop slacking.