Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends Account Security Alert

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eirnab6

06-08-2012

I've got a smurf on these servers but I'm mainly on NA servers -- should I be worried that this might effect my main account if I used the same email?

Six Maladys

06-08-2012

Quote:
Exacerberus:
Okey, ty, checking mail. Yet I'd like to know: do we have to change our passwords even if our account doesn't seem to be compromised I guess... ain't it?

You don't have to, but you should.

Rerdan

06-08-2012

Well, thanks for letting us know rather than keeping us in the dark. With or without receiving e-mail, I've changed my password already.

Hope everyone stays safe and doesn't get his/her account compromised.

WildInsanity

06-08-2012

Thanks for the info - still better than EA who lost my details to hackers 3 times so far :s

Caridor

06-08-2012

I hope people dont rage too much.
Hackers have broken into the pentagon before, its unreasonable to expect riot to be unhackable.

Ilwien

06-08-2012

Imo was just a matter of time that something like this would happen...

...btw thanks for all the efforts and I sincerely hope that this situation will reach the best possible ending

Rerdan

06-08-2012

Just out of curiosity: only the affected players will receive an e-mail or everyone in the mentioned platforms?

Because Riot Lomar states the former while Tryndamere the latter.

(If I got it right! )

Edit: Also, Tryndamere talks about security question and answer but I don't recall making such a thing. In account management I don't even see a recovery password option, etc. So I'm wondering what Tryndamere meant by that (and whether it also needs change or not!).

Thank you!

Edit 2: I see that in the Support page there's an option for password recovery, etc. But I'm still wondering if anything else is needed or if just changing password is enough.

Fente

Senior Recruiter

06-08-2012

Today night on my friend account have dissapeared 5 champions and near 15 skins. Can somebody explain that?

HiddenHope

06-08-2012

Ahh this sucks, but thanks for informing us so soon

VisionThing

06-08-2012

Do you know which users specifically had which information stolen, or should we all now assume that out there somewhere is a list linking date of births to email addresses?