Lee Sin vs Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyke Nonsoh

07-06-2012

Hi,

I play a lot of Lee Sin, solo top. Recently i faced a Pantheon and i just couldnīt beat him. All he kept doing was throwing spears in my face and i couldnīt engage on him either because i was always low. Yes, i did lvl my W but his spears was on much lower cd. Any advice?

Hereīs the replay:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/489520/

Agmagor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

try to use your Q to jum to him and W back to a minoin, since you play him a lot i think you should be able to do this fast enough so hes not able to react in time (smartcasting realy helps u a lot in this)
pantheon is generaly a strong champ early game, lee needs his full combo to be efective, try to either start with armor +5 pots, or go for a early chain mail ( not sure if the name is chain mail its the blue armor item u use to build sunfire/randuins/thronmail). early armor mostly shuts pantheon down. if this is not helping ask your jungler for a early gank.

i hope this info helps u ( didnt have time to watch the replay since im @ work so srry if i said thinks u already did/know).

TrollDetector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Assuming that panth maxes his Q first, try to W to the nearest minion next to him if he throws a spear at you, you should block about 80% of the damage. Since hes missing his main damage source for 4 seconds, it is much easier to trade him with Ironwill activated and hitting your combo. Starting with cloth+5 helps against him immensely as Lee is energy based and Panth has to go B if he trades with you very often as his mana drains quickly. Rush a wriggles and ninjatabbis, add in some dorans blades and he wonīt be a problem.

Generally spoken try to abuse his cooldowns and punish him for standing near to your minions by safeguarding to them when he goes for lasthits. While your W is on cooldown, obviously you should stay out of Panths Q range.

At the guy above me, using safeguard only as an escape will leave you without any duelling power, as well as missing your Q will only result in 11-7 seconds of getting zoned by Panth as your main damage source is on cooldown.

Raikaria

07-06-2012

Pantheon is an early game dominator. You stay away, he throws spears. You close in? He stuns and HSS' you. You can't trade due to his passive.

He is very under-rated. Just raise your SafeGuard/Iron Will and farm.

YamatoHD

07-06-2012

if he didnt kill u in the laning phase - he lost already
pantheon with no kills useless due to his horrible scaling

Ronark

07-06-2012

level your w first like against every champion you have problems with lee and then win the lane

KoekjeHebbe

07-06-2012

I main Lee top, and if you're having trouble against your lane, just counterbuild him with lots of resistances. In this example you should rush tabis and maybe a chain vest, he wont be able to touch you again and you can sell the tabis for mercurys as soon as laning phase is over and teamfights start popping up regularly.

After a bit of armor just get some dorans a few wards, health pots and you should be fine. I find getting bloodthirster as first primary item and guardians angel (the earlier bought chain vest comes in handy) right after very strong right now, since atmogs got nerfed.

Arkaniah

07-06-2012

Ninja Tabi and the lane is over.

TheoreticalGamer

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamatoHD View Post
17 minion kills = 1 champion kill. Its enough if panth will farm in peace to make him fed.

From the other hand i cannot really imagine Lee losing top to panth. In OP's scenario he prolly was just outplayed by a better player.

I am DOOM

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikaria View Post
Pantheon is an early game dominator. You stay away, he throws spears. You close in? He stuns and HSS' you. You can't trade due to his passive.

He is very under-rated. Just raise your SafeGuard/Iron Will and farm.
Panth will not stun/HSS you. That'll cost him 100 mana, which he can't afford to waste. E is stronger than Q, but it's harder to hit a full E. Also leveling up E means it'll cost more mana. Q is more spamable and not dodgable (unless you're fizz or something). Unless you start with W, E will not hit a lee sin for 100%.

You can trade with his passive, just don't bother auto attacking unless you can auto attack him a lot and he's low on mana. Q and Q and E still hurt him. Your energy doesn't run out, his mana does. You have lifesteal, he doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamatoHD View Post
Nothing wrong with his scalings, only his E is avoidable which is a problem and items.