Lifesteal vs HP regen for sustain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Nagibato

06-06-2012

Hi, i was interested what do you guys think is better?
For example i play jax now and use lifesteal quints, that give me 6% lifesteal at lvl1(sometimes 9% with masteries) which is nice cuz later i build even more lifesteal with 2 dorans and cutclass and dont care about harass at all. But due to his weak early game i find sometimes it's hard to hit creeps for heal without taking additional harass from opponent.
I've seen in one pro game where Wickd playing as Jax vs Maplhite(which is considered counter to Jax) and i notice he use hp regen quints.

I did a quick check at leaguecraft and find you can either start with 9% lifesteal(masteries + quints) or get around 20 hp regen per 5 at lvl1.
Hp regen doesnt seem much but still i dont test it myself.
TLR What is better to build for champs without sustain?

BillMD

07-06-2012

IMHO, depends on the hero. If it's a DPS hero, better to buy life-steal. Regen is good enough for tanks and mages.

midnight illusio

07-06-2012

Lifesteal only works if you are constantly hitting stuff. In a 1v1 fight, lifesteal is amazing, but if you are a melee facing someone who can constantly harass you (either with skills or auto attacks) then your lifesteal isn't going to help you, but health regen will. So yeah, it depends on the matchup, and on whether you are constantly trading with your opponent or just farming while getting harassed.

DivineEvil

08-06-2012

It's quite simple.
Lifesteal is strong, depends on your AD and AS. Using it to heal forces you to push your lane. As your AD and AS grows, so does the LIfesteal. Good amount of lifesteal can determine duel between life and death in late-game. But it's only work if you're attacking.

Health regen is stable and safe, but weaker. With it you can play more passively. Doesn't scales on anything, thus it's usually falls off in late-game.