Is fizz op?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inaphyt

04-06-2012

He's one of my main champions (jax, fizz). If you ask me i'd say he's too strong most ap mids are no issue in laning and even if you do get zoned somehow fizz just seems a lot more powerful with less items than basically any other mid champ.

It was my belief that at my elo (under 1000) fizz just dominates he has 3 methods of escape it's easy mode with him, newb stomper etc. So therefore at higher elo's he is actually bad against a player that knows how to deal with him.

But i've actually played against fizz's with other mid champions, i mean he's my main i know exactly what he can do and i still end up losing my lane.

Now i personally believe i am an excellent player, excellent farmer with any champion, played most of the cast a lot of times played over 2000 normals and over 500 ranked games, know the game well etc.

It just seems to me that fizz is overpowered.

This is why i believe he is op :-

3 methods of escape (Q E R) all of them are great and will keep you alive.

W does a lot of damage.

Mana is literally no issue for fizz you do not need blue buff at all throughout any game.

You cannot be ganked.

Fizz is a great ganker initiator and a pro escape artist.

What does the community think?

LaPapeleta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

He's melee and has to get really close to do damage, that's why his damage and survivability is stronger than that of other mages.

He's not OP, just really strong in what he does best: killing squishies 1vs1.

Teejoon

04-06-2012

You can use stun attacks on fizz, but if he is jumping before the attacks hit him he doesn't get stunned. really annoying when you play Annie and your passive still get used -.-

BigFatHippo

04-06-2012

you main fizz and jax -_____________-

on topic no he is not. he needs to get kills otherwise he will

A: Do too little damage to one shot people.
B: Be too sqishy.

However if he does get kills he is indeed very strong.

Terraven

04-06-2012

Actually Fizz is my main ap mid. I like the way he is, it IS true that he can burst out quite some damage and his escape tools are the best right now. A flash looks almost meaningless on him and his best escape tool act also as a short Zhonya's hourglass. I prefer it to Vladimir. But there's only one point where I do not agree with you. Maybe it's because I play 90% of the time agressively with him but I find him easily short on mana after 2 combos in early game. In fact, he is balanced in my opinion. I also play Wukong and I kind of find both their gameplay similar even though they both have different utility. He is one of the best mid gankers in my opinion though. The shark having a low cooldown and can be used for both slowing down enemies or to block the pathway of someone. Then again there are some counters to him and when I'm having trouble with my lane as Fizz, I always go for a gank somewhere to catch back up. He is an awesome duelist too. His W dealing "tons of damage" passively and working well with ignite. (Early game : Enemy around 50% health? Go for the kill.) The mana issue can be resolved through items thought.

Kingler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

Don't come here with this "He's melee" ****, because his skillset is designed around being melee. (same as other assassins like Kassa and Akali)

I don't know if Fizz is OP, but he's surely one of the strongest AP mids atm. I do think that a nerf in his damage would be appropriate, to make him more on par with other mids.

Noblige

05-06-2012

Deserve some massive nerfs, mainly E (cd is 2 low on high lvls also only mana cost just 2 cheap) and W

StormFox1989

05-06-2012

Secret OP, just that nobody knows he is..

Zelinka

05-06-2012

He is melee of course he isn't op... That makes no sense.

then he ult you from too far, knock up, then W + Q + E + Ignite, Slain.

Just a bit op

I Love Lemon Tea

05-06-2012

I main anivia and brand mid. haven't played vs fizz as brand yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't lose as anivia.

ps when I see fizz been picked first, I just instant lock ryze.

12345 ... 7