Twitch TV or Own3d?

Twitch TV 30 19.61%
Own3d 123 80.39%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Twitch Tv vs Own3d, what do you prefer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

What streaming site do you prefer of those ?

JJise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2012

owned hummmm

PoisonedTea

04-06-2012

my stream is on own twitch is almost nicer

Vaguely feeding

04-06-2012

Own3d, twitch always ****s things up. And they cant handle 200k+ viewer streams, E.G in tourneys.

snadge

04-06-2012

Twitch TV uses more bandwidth than Own3D, having an internet connection in the country with the highest '*average' internet speed in Europe and living outside a city, I need to conserve bandwidth, so Own all the way.

*It is easy to have the highest 'average' when you up the rate to 100mb/sec in cities but ignore the rest of the country leaving them at no better than dial up speed.

Kaemon

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadge View Post
Twitch TV uses more bandwidth than Own3D, having an internet connection in the country with the highest '*average' internet speed in Europe and living outside a city, I need to conserve bandwidth, so Own all the way.
Do you have any sources, because that sound ridiculous.

In xsplit and a lot of the streaming software out there, you specify the rate of which you will upload.
I am personally using both Own3d and TwitchTV, they never go above the value that i have set for bandwidth usage.

The max available bandwidth that you may use, is hopefully what you are referring to and that may differ between those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snadge View Post
*It is easy to have the highest 'average' when you up the rate to 100mb/sec in cities but ignore the rest of the country leaving them at no better than dial up speed.
Are you sure itīs not a isp problem or the server that you picked was to far away to get it stable ?
Most of the people who live in cities have fiber optics these days ,unlike those who live in the countryside.
If you are not reaching the speed that you are paying for then you should have a serious talk with your isp.

Lightning

10-06-2012

Twitch.

I hate everything about own3d's design and working model. I find twitch way more clear and easy to browse around.

own3d is just messy and uninteresting in its whole, for me.

Babylon

10-06-2012

i like the streams wich dont lagg.

Raptorg

10-06-2012

Usually own3d because the streams never lag for me.

Twitch often lags, forcing me to lower the quality.(and this doesn't always fix it)
Though in their defense, occasionally a refresh fixes the lag, but not always.

Also, non-english Twitch sites crash my browser. Not really a problem now that I've identified the problem, but it was still annoying to get crashes when it automatically opened the dutch twitch website instead of the english one.

Quality wise, though, Twitch does offer clearer streams at higher quality settings. But lag at higher viewercounts makes it difficult to make use of that.

ShinAngyo

10-06-2012

Twitch = bad quality. I cant even read the names of the players....
Own3d is perfect and even works on smarthphone and ipad without useless application