my lol wont start?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

danielhornstrup

01-06-2012

every time i push on the "league of legends" icon, there stands "league of legends" in the middle of my schreen, in 1 sec, and then it closes, and then nothing happens?
im getting so pissed of this, i also had some problems with lol in some weeks ago, it cant be, that there have to so many problems, but anyway, plz help me!

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

01-06-2012

Hi there!

Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in the Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of the support staff, please contact a member of Riot Support.

Überschwein

18-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuxadin View Post
Hi there!

Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in the Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of the support staff, please contact a member of Riot Support.
I have the same issue on Windows8 but the problem is that the patcher doesn't start, and therefor this does nothing.

Spudsi

16-07-2013

Okay I had this problem but then I managed to get past it, to an extent, now it comes up with play, I press play and nothing happens (no log in screen opens) every forum I read sais delete lol_launcher, if I try to do this it sais 'you need permission to perform this action' it's really bugging me, pls help!

JaF Jan Eike

18-10-2013

i just installed windows 8.1 and since i installed it, i can not start the patcher anymore..i tried everything but nothing works i deleted the lol_launcher folder, started it as administrator and it still gets black for a second and closes then...pls help me