First ranked games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

andysks

31-05-2012

I wanna ask,is it even possible for someone like me,that i lost the first ranked games i played ,therefore the big elo,to climb up high ?I played ranked a while ago,after i realised i had still stuff to learn and own more champions i stopped and trained more in normal games.But i lost the elo of the first games unfortunately.Should i play again or it will be a waste of time ?

midnight illusio

31-05-2012

Anyone can gain ELO if they have the will to do it. There are many players who purposefully drop their ELO down just so they can go back up again. It is challenging, but certainly possible. Alternatively, wait until the end of the season when everyone's ELOs are set back to 1200 again, but I'm not sure when that will be, it could be awhile.

andysks

31-05-2012

I guess 7-8 months at least.Is strange that first games give so much elo,since you are playing with equals.I dont blame elo system or anything,just say its weird.If you play when you are at 900 for example with a 2100 and win,you will gain a lot.So on your first game when you play with first timers why you gain a lot for the win ?

midnight illusio

31-05-2012

The extra ELO gain from your first few ranked matches is something I don't agree with, and is one of the biggest reasons for inflated ELO among players. A player can get lucky in their first couple of ranked game (5v4 matches, etc) and suddenly, they are at 1350 ELO when they shouldn't be. After that, they drop back down and next thing we know, there is another "ELO hell" thread on the forums, to add to the hundreds we have right now.

Scythh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2012

Play good, and you will get your reward for it.
So yes, you can climb up again. I myself started with 7 losses and 3 wins this season
because I played poorly, now I am playing at 1600~ because I don't care
about this game actually (at least my ELO).

TheELOguy

31-05-2012

You should try to play rankeds again to see if you got better, but if you are deep in elo hell and you need help to get out checkthis out:

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...ight=theeloguy

Kind regards.

RiotMixdj

International Community Coordinator

31-05-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I honestly think you should give ranked a try again. You said yourself that you played ranked a while ago and then stopped due to wanting to learn more/own more champions so playing ranked now would be a good way to see how far you've come and how your new skills will translate to a higher competitive environment. I'd encourage you to give ranked another try and see how you like it. Who knows, maybe one day we might see you at rank 1 O_O

Sandcoat

31-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
I honestly think you should give ranked a try again. You said yourself that you played ranked a while ago and then stopped due to wanting to learn more/own more champions so playing ranked now would be a good way to see how far you've come and how your new skills will translate to a higher competitive environment. I'd encourage you to give ranked another try and see how you like it. Who knows, maybe one day we might see you at rank 1 O_O
I honestly think you guys at Riot should start permabanning people seriously.

This server (I'm not saying this game, it's just EUW really) is out of control. It's almost impossible to have one enjoyable game. I can't believe there's no serious ban policy going on on EUW. It's just absurd.

Jiggle Billy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

31-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
You planning on dealing with that Eloguy who posted before you?

gogita 2011

31-05-2012

u should definitely go ahead .Its worth it give yourself a chance and see were u stand.i usedto be a loser at ranked(players called me noob) but now i am improving and if u dont believe me see my match history.