Cursor camera control pisses me off.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timperman

28-05-2012

Im a guy who usaly play MMORPG games.
the basic setting of most those games are WASD for control and 1234.......... for spells and abilities.
And i like to have my hand on those keys while playing lol too.
So my keybindings are WASD for camera control and 1234 for abilities. (summorner spells are on R, F, also normal keybindings for me)

And here is the problem: I ONLY WANNA CONTROL CAMERA WITH W-A-S-D not the cursor. Everytime i wanna place my champ or target enemy at the top of the screen the camera moves and i loose track of the fight for a short moment, that can sometimes kill me or atleast make me unable to get a needed kill.
Someone tiped me of slowing down the camera so i would have time to react when camera flyes away but then i cant keep up with WASD.
This piss me off. And i cant turn it of either.

Now im kinda sure there is a way. but i dont find it in keybindings menu or anywere else in the in-game interface.

Bauce Lawyerson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

If you put your abilities on your number keys, what did you bind your item slots to?
Moving your camera with WASD is still a lot different from moving your character like you would in typical MMORPGs. If camera movement is counter-intuitive for you you may benefit from playing with locked cam.

SillyLily

28-05-2012

He only wants to stop the mouse scroll, I use the same key setup and the mouse scrolling is very annoying, Riot should implement a way to turn it off.

Sir Hartley

28-05-2012

League of Legends evolved from a classic RTS mod, DotA for Warcraft, which got the same controls as the game it is based on. Since this was no RPG, the controls differ in a major way- you are able to get efficient overview in a short amount of time.
Since this way of controlling the camera has stuck around for a long time, there is no option for changing it- simply because other ways to monitor the happenings are less efficient.
The only thing you can do is center- lock the camera to your champion.
It might help you that you can switch to your champion from any position by pressing spacebar.
Holding it centers the camera on your champion, as long as you keep it pressed.

Thats pretty much all i know. If you want further information, why don't you send a ticket to the player support? they might even implement the feature. (If you are willing to wait- a long time.)

About 74 Ninjas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

Just slide the 'camera speed' to minimun.
If even such slow movement doesn't help, then you might be a bit OCD.

UserX

28-05-2012

So you are an MMO player and that came here to kill some time AND you want to propose changes for the game? No. Get used to it. All mobas are made/played that way

Timperman

29-05-2012

I dont play LoL to kill time but that dosnt mean that i like the control very much.

But now i know that i cant turn of cursor camera control. Thx for help

Politie Leuven

29-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3T4RD3D 50LDIER View Post
So my keybindings are WASD for camera control and 1234 for abilities. (summorner spells are on R, F, also normal keybindings for me)
how the **** do you use items? click? lol

Cincen

11-06-2012

i use a similar setup as the OP. i also play alot of mmorpg's and this is my setup:
WASD - Camera
1234 - abilities
FG - summoners
T - Recall
B - Shop (usually have B as backpack so i'm used to it)
Shift+123 - Top row of items
Shift+qwe - bottom row of items

and that's the general setup for me. works great, gives me the ability to keep the mouse closer to the center of the screen for ability usage n' stuff.

i hope this helps those people wondering "how do you do use abilities? how do u use items? etc". you can easily find ways of doing it. afterall, u have an entire keyboard to use, and being used to using ALOT of keybinds in mmorpg's these few are literally nothing for me and for many other players

DaemonicFable

11-06-2012

so how do you check how your teammates are doing when you're playing Soraka/Shen/Noct/Karth/TF?