Best tank in league of legends!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marekinjsh

28-05-2012

Who is it?? I think its rammus or amumu!!!

CloppyFawk

28-05-2012

I fel like shyvana is, its the right build 250/250 resistances and her abilities do ALOT of damage

Kluuru

28-05-2012

In terms of what? Tanking damage? I guess Alistar would be best because of his ultimate reducing a lot of damage.

Integral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

Maybe shen:
AOE taunt + shield + ult

Razormaul

29-05-2012

Quote:
I fel like shyvana is, its the right build 250/250 resistances and her abilities do ALOT of damage
But Shyvanna isn't a tank as she has no disruption abilities except for her ultimate and a tank is not somebody who can take damage it is somebody who disrupts the enemy team and can take damage

Tengs92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-05-2012

Malphite is really strong these days, its almost impossible to kill him lategame without your team because of 25% more mr and armour, I would say rammus used to be the best...

IncisionX

29-05-2012

Shen or Malphite I tend to fear at end game, the disruption they bring to the game is unstoppable.

Ealiom

30-05-2012

Nautilus. When built pure tank he gets really tough and most importantly delivers endless CC.

IceFyre

30-05-2012

Shen and Alistar are both solid choces for support/tank but in solotop Shen is better because of his insane sustain and Malphite is not very good when facing AP heavy team because of his gained damage from armor but for AD counterin he is one of the bests. For AP countering Galio is among the bests. I have also tried Nautilus and he can be really good as distruptor and absorbing damage is you play him well. He also dominates early game if played well enough.

BareHenchBilly

23-08-2012

I'm probably gonna go with shen, mundo and alistar.
Nautilus can work but lane nautilus isn't as strong as say "shen alistar etc" and in the jungle he gets crippled by losing blue and if the enemy team knows its a jungle nautilus they will nearly always invade and ward blue, so hes pretty risky nowadays.
Shen and alistar offer a lot of utility, shen is better as a solo top tank, alistar as a bot tank/support. In terms of tanking damage alistar is the best tank, ulti, high base stats etc. In terms of laning phrase its around even, since shen has the global ulti, so he can constantly pressure lanes and alistar has a heal and headbutt pulverise which is amazing for making plays with the ad and jungle. Teamfights its pretty hard to compare too, mostly depending on the team comp, since a good shen can sometimes taunt more than one person and initiate amazingly well, although it requires a lot of skill and luck, and he has the amazing ability of protecting the carry with his ulti during teamfights, which is gamechanging. Alistar again is an all round beast in teamfights, reliable and amazing initiations, can tank a hefty amount of damage too with the ulti and innate tankiness.
I put mundo on the list because he has the potential to snowball like a ***** from the jungle and practically become unkillable after a certain point, because of his regeneration abilities and a ****ing amazing low cd ultimate, although he lacks cc.
Personally I feel like amumu needs a few minor buffs to put him on level with the other tanks and being ap and all doesn't help, plus his ulti is amazing, but its cd is crippling and he can get cc locked very easily, whereas mundo, shen and alistar have an easier time escaping. Malphite is very very good but honestly I just don't think he is on level with the others and apart from his massive early game utility I feel like he's outclassed by the others, even if his ulti makes his teamfight presence deadly. Ohh and rammus atm is pretty gimped so yeah thats just my thoughts.