How to counter Viktor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dòx

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greatdude View Post
Thanks for all the posts.

But one thing that still bothers me is should I play aggressive at the start on him (I know he doesn't start the game with +1 point in Death Ray) or play passively and try to dodge as much lasers as possible as well as to out farm him?
Hi
I'm gonna give u some actual playstyle advise since nobody else seems to do so. I also mained viktor just when he came out but some things about him made him less attractive to me. First of all he is very weak in lvl 1-5, this is where u should be really aggressive as most champs will win a trade there. After lvl 5 he gets dangerous. What i usually do is play very passively and wait for him to use his laser either for farming or harrasing and then go for an all or nothing fight where u really commit to it. A good choice is to rush a catalyst as viktor has a great burst but then some decent cooldowns. He is also really squishy so killing him with catalyst is easy.
For champions i would advise u to get some range. Something that can farm on long range and has some harass. Champs that fit this profile are lux and ap kog maw (ap kog poops on viktor) anivia is also a good choice if u play her well. There are more champs that fit this profile ofc but these are just the one's i like. My best champ vs viktor is my current main orianna, because i think she is the only ap champ who can match viktors skill cap (with ap kog ofc)
A less ordinary counterpick is fizz because he can kill viktor with his burst np and has an annoying ammount of mobility.

Also forgot to mention ziggs who is also a great counter!

Mid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

Played against several with LeBlanc and did just fine.
By the time he decides and is actually able to buy a defensive item, I'm already with over 200 ap and dfg and it's just GG after that.

Lawbringer

28-05-2012

Gragas isn't that great, even though I guess he wins straight 1v1s.

Swain could be a great counter to him tbh.

Nameless Voice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid View Post
Played against several with LeBlanc and did just fine.
By the time he decides and is actually able to buy a defensive item, I'm already with over 200 ap and dfg and it's just GG after that.
Yes, a good LeBlanc beats Viktor.

(Sadly most people who play LeBlanc play her very badly.)

Fizz also does very well against him, since his agility makes him hard to hit with Viktor's laser, and he can use his trollpole to avoid Viktor's stun field.

Loare

28-05-2012

Viktor doesn't stand a chance against long-range mages (Lux/Xerath) or tanky pushers (Morekaiser, Morgana). Death ray is not a reliable poke that will leave him out of mana quickly, and pushers force him to use death ray to farm instead of do damage.

You can choose someone like Annie/Veigar but then it's just a game of "who has less ping and can pull off their combo faster", so it's not tally reliable.

MotownMoses

28-05-2012

Some people just don't understand...Viktor is the new sleeper mid. But shhhh

ClanLord777

28-05-2012

viktor is my favor ap champ

galio is not that great of a counter to viktor.

try le blanc or gragas,

Shadowviper

28-05-2012

To counter Viktor you should pick champion.

The Greatdude

30-05-2012

Any way to counter Viktor as Cassiopeia though?

Nightcrest

30-05-2012

Viktor is a counter to Cassio really. As well as other DoT champions.

If you want to counter Viktor (which can be hard because he can choose a different upgrade), try Kassadin, Veigar or Ahri. Those three usually work assuming equal skill level.