How to counter Viktor?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Greatdude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

Hey, I'm new to this game so after I ask this question which may sound daft, please don't go "LOL WTF, this noob..." because yes, I'm new.

Anyway, I tried playing my friend in a 1v1 custom mage battle. I picked Cassiopeia and I am usually able to constantly harrass my opponent at early levels by spamming my Q but not against his Viktor. I tried playing aggressive on him but he would just laser me often and that laser does so much damage.

I tried to trade with him but I felt I was losing the trades as he just zoned me every time and if I went too aggressive i.e. Poison him with Q and then throw a few E nukes at him, I find myself bursted down even quicker as he then uses his other close range abilities and I get destroyed.

I also tried playing a passive lane where I would just focus on farming but I get zoned by his laser and he cuts my health off really quick too. After dying a few times I find I am drastically behind and have no hope of catching up with the CS and the levels (since 1v1 means no ganks from jungler).

Maybe I'm just bad at Cassiopeia but I usually dominte the lane by pressurizing the opponent but against Viktor, I lose trades, get zoned and then get bursted quickly.

Please can someone give some advice on what I should do?

Thanks

Mr Chaosz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-05-2012

take morgana or galio to counter any AP champion mid.
gragas seems to work cause of his survivability

Why Give A Damn

28-05-2012

Dodge obvious laser.
Stay out of obvious ult.
Keep him off his minions.

The Greatdude

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Give A **** View Post
Dodge obvious laser.
Stay out of obvious ult.
I start with boots to make the best of dodging, but since he mains Viktor, he is really good at that laser and can get me in almost any position...

And I do try to keep him away from minions but when he is putting the pressure on you (with frequent long-range pokes) and having the lane dominance, it is easier said than done?

The Greatdude

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chaosz View Post
Thanks, does Galio counter all AP's as in every AP in mid is countered by Galio....?

Raikaria

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Give A **** View Post
Dodge obvious laser.
Stay out of obvious ult.
How is the laser obvious? A good Viktor will cast it while moving, as you are lasthitting, on top of you. You can't dodge it if it's cast on you, it's instant, and there's no warning. It's not like Viktor stands still if he casts while moving, or throws a projectile skillshot. The laser instantly starts at the selected point. You don't aim the laser to sweep to the target, you start at the target and sweep for collateral damage to creeps. The fact it dosen't disrupt movement is massive.

Also, just saying, doing both of those is pretty tough if he lands Gravity Feild. Especially since if you get caught in Feild his Ult WILL land. And Viktor's Ult is actually awesome. If Viktor has RCS, his Q will also make dodgeing difficult. In fact, RCS + Q means you will get stunned by Gravity Feild.

Anyway, from the top of my head, Morgana and Kassidin both counter him. Morgana ignores his Gravity Feild with her Black sheild, and Kassidin can just Riffwalk out of it and to get distance from his Ultimate after the 0.5 delay.

Shooda

28-05-2012

Viktor is very fun to play, and he is very hard to counter if you dont know how to counter him. i would advise you to move as much as possible.

mastrgenocidest

28-05-2012

viktor finally instilling abit of fear in players... took so long
i main viktor too in ranked games far too few champs can counter him

The Greatdude

28-05-2012

Thanks for all the posts.

But one thing that still bothers me is should I play aggressive at the start on him (I know he doesn't start the game with +1 point in Death Ray) or play passively and try to dodge as much lasers as possible as well as to out farm him?

saucemarocaine

28-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chaosz View Post
Mordekaiser ****s on morgana.