Darius counter.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Proletarcraft

26-05-2012

Any tips on how to counter Darius solotop. Ive been able to take him on as Lee sin but only due to some good jukes along with ducking in and out of the bushes.

Seachop

28-05-2012

Stuns and silences work very very well against him. Try to keep him at bay that way, also take advantage of the time after he uses Decimation. You have a 3-4 second window to push the lane slightly.

HOTzenpl0tz

29-05-2012

yorik is pretty good in countering him, same for teemo

Kabutozero

29-05-2012

I won 2 times lane against him with my main , rumble ( first game he got feeded anyway in teamfights and we lost , second one he didn't ( seemed like noob ) and we won) , one with some problems and help of my jungler ( each time I killed him I Was at 1-2 bars too) , and the second one was pure dominating , I harrassed him some with harpoons then full combo for the kill , including ulti , all he could do was run , and even then I had ghost to pick him up

The Reset

29-05-2012

Yorick is very good counter,
however if you are just playing normal games or they pick him late in the champ selection, push him to his tower and deny his creeps.
After that let him push lightly and then call your jungle to gank 1/2 times (must be asap) and he will be useless if you keep him at his tower

Peng

29-05-2012

someone with range.

or riven/udyr

Gorodecki

29-05-2012

I personally don't think Yorick is that good against Darius. He can easilysurvive the lane, but Darius won't die as well if he doesn't get too aggressive. He may lose some creeps but his true damage scales so good to late game that this is not a problem at all.

Darius can be countered much stronger by champions that can kite him e.g. Kennen, Kayle and Swain. They can deny him any farm way more effectively than Yorick. Aggressive Riven can beat him too, but this is very risky. If for any reason you give away one kill, because you were overly aggressive then Darius will snowball your butt all day long. Udyr can easily survive the lane with Turtle stance, but I personally don't like him solo top.

Boruzi

29-05-2012

I agree, I've been playing Darius for a while and the best way to counter him is to kite. he's not very fast and if you apply slow he can't do much.
It is good strategy to keep him by his tower and deny him minions but you must be very careful to his apprehend+ Crippling Strike+ Decimate combo, it can drain a lot of your health pool and the tower won't help either ) and if he is lvl 6 + a quick decimate will end it very quickly.

I once got top lane with Varus and Ashe.....they farmed me like barbarians :|

So, best strategy is slow + kite, but don't let him get near you, be very carefull to his ganks.

i haven't got a chance yet to play against Vayne. if any1 can give some feedback I would appreciate.

nastylól

30-05-2012

I've played Singed against him a couple of times, starting with cloth5 and defensive masteries and runes. Shuts him down from level 2 winning next to every trade off.

Ceraco

30-05-2012

Darius is easily countered by heroes who can kite him, therefore ranged toplaner have an advantage. For example you can go nidalee with an earlie phage. Nidalee can harass from distance and once he dropped a bit more go conest in her cougar stance.

Ad and Ap kennen should normaly also work + I beat an Darius with an pantheon focused on ranged harass but care dont underestimate the "grap" of darius.

Ceraco