Why do people say Ryze counters Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillyLily

25-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by humkie View Post
ryze snairs--> ahri taunts, wouldnt call that a counter, everytime ryze goes for trade ahri can just unload her combo...
While he is unloading his and with his tanky nature he can do better then her while he will leave her needing to flee. Her mobility is what sets her aside, take that away and she is disadvantaged.

CyberRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triarii View Post
Same reason ww counters her, insta snare = no triple dash = dead fox.

Poor fox ...
Her ultimate doesn't even get interrupted, she can use it again after the stun or snare unlike some other champions. A stun doesn't counter her any more than any other champion, stop spreading nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDrewbs View Post
While he is unloading his and with his tanky nature he can do better then her while he will leave her needing to flee. Her mobility is what sets her aside, take that away and she is disadvantaged.
Ult to an open area, Ryze snares you, you taunt him. Totally negates the advantage of his snare and allows you to use your ultimate once again after the duration.

huxain

19-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberRage View Post

Ult to an open area, Ryze snares you, you taunt him. Totally negates the advantage of his snare and allows you to use your ultimate once again after the duration.
but before his snare ends you are dead fox i have played ahri severals games in ranked vs a ryze = me loose the lane .. much better to be vs a gragas or even a orianna than a him.

BIGmEc

Recruiter

19-09-2012

If you are taunted you can`t unleash your combo, thats the whole point he is trying to make. Then once the taunt is finished, ahri ulted again out of range for your combo.

VV D00mthunder

19-09-2012

As ryze is my main, I personally beat Ahri, but I do think ahri has the better matchup on this one.

mATTZ

19-09-2012

cause they stoopid!

UglySide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-09-2012

that's what sets aside the good ryzes from the bad ryzes.
people complaining that ahri's charm counters ryze's cage... the point is DON'T get charmed, that's why you start with boots, to dodge her skills, and don't forget that you are in a lane, you can hide from her charm behind your minions and just harass her with your non-skillshots and when she is low just go full thrust and kill her.

The0nlyLordREM

19-09-2012

Ryze doesnt counter ahri in lane. He does however in team fights where he can snare her removing her main strength - mobility.

In lane ahri has a lot longer range and can easily out haras ryze and if she gets blue she can easily outpush and gank other lanes.

Kyx

19-09-2012

personally i think veigar is a better counter then ryze for ahri, early lvl 1-6 ahri can trade better then ryze, and if she gets in front its really hard to get back in the game as ryze...

but equally skilled summoners, with equal jungle support its a toss up, can go both ways, i do feel ryze has a better late game.

coming back to veigar, when i play ahri and get a veigar against me, i will prolly loose, ryze i can win...goes both ways aswell, if i play veigar or ryze against an ahri...

cru4

19-09-2012

he got W and can stack some negatrons DDD