How to counter Darius?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Èlysium

25-05-2012

Who counters Darius top?

He has can force fights , has a ton of hp (Like garen). Dose decent Dmg , that ounly gets worse if you stay in melee with him and punishes you for geting struck a single time by his AA or abilitys.

His ulti is likly the highest true damage nuke in the game at the moment , meaning you cant build resists agenst him , because hell just stack his bleed and hit you with a massive True dmg nuke that bypasses any defenses you by.

Building offensive agenst him dosnt realy work eather simply because of the sheeerly massive amount of hp he starts with and scales into.

Taking a ranged champ might work I think but the would need some really good range because somthing squishy got caught by his pull your done for.

So im wondering if anyone can think of any champs that can counter him succsessfully?

SillyLily

25-05-2012

Building health counters true damage.

C12H16N2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-05-2012

Out range him. Kennen/Vlad should demolish him top.

Èlysium

25-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDrewbs View Post
Building health counters true damage.
So would somthing like Cho gath work? Iv seen a singed attempt to counter him this way and he still lost hard in lane.

His true damage ulti is good but dont forget the amount of sheer Physical dps he can put on you as well.

As a side note , im not looking for somone who can SURVIVE him. Im look for somone who can achually BEAT him in lane.

Èlysium

25-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C12H16N2 View Post
Out range him. Kennen/Vlad should demolish him top.
Would Urgot work or is his range to short?

What about Leblanc?

Sp00nDuck

25-05-2012

Gangplank, parrrrrley means you can kite him,
panth your shield is awesome against him.
jungler early ganks just sets him really far back,
interestingly garen seemed really strong against him too

Sanguifer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-05-2012

Single highest damage nuke...? No, that would probably still be Feast, since it's a 0.7 AP ratio, and AP is easier to come by. Or Veigar's Ult - not true damage, but ridiculously high damage.

Vlad and Kennen are no-brainers, but also Chogath (he laughs at true damage due to feast and can dish out true damage himself).

Not sure if I just had luck, but I had good success with Poppy. At least I finished laning phase with 2/0/2 and he with 0/3/0. He pulls You in? Great! AAQ, W, run around him, E into wall, AAQ again, run away. Won trade every time. His Ult bypasses Your passive, which is a pain, but You can generally kill him before You get low enough for him to finish You off since You should be winning every trade.

MikeWhelan2

25-05-2012

He wins 1v1 vs any melee champ on even terms

Alysa

25-05-2012

Hmm so far only played against him as riven, got 1/0 because trading blows is suicide against him early and he thought he could kill me, baited him and got FB.
I got ganked after which gave him advantage on lane and I had to cs under tower til my jungler came 2 times, which made me win the lane.
So no, on a pure 1vs1 riven loses vs darius (lol??), I even had tabi 2 doran wriggle and BF, and he got me lower first and ultied, before I could finish his 10% hp left.

PS: Would have won the 1vs1 if I had CDR blues instead of MR, since my stun and shield were 1 sec away from coming out of cd when I died.

Abominus

25-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VD Elysium View Post
Who counters Darius top?

His ulti is likly the highest true damage nuke in the game at the moment

unless he full stacked pasiive over the target,cho is still going to deal more damage and,even with maximum damage the difference is low(650 +0.7 ap against 680 + 1.5 bonus ad at level 16)

anyhow,darius seems to be extremly weak against ranged harassing.his only hope is hoping that an opponent'serror or lack of range placed the enmy in range of darius E.
He seems to be very kitable(we can avoid the argument:"he gains ms from passive" if he cant hit the enemy)

12345 ... 7