riven vs renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sc00bied00

24-05-2012

hey all, i' ve been playing riven a lot lately. I have played her both top and mid, and can win pretty much any lane (assuming equally skilled opponents) except for renekton. Any tips on how to beat him? (i run an ad + armor runepage)

Sentinal

24-05-2012

Renekton and olaf are the only counters to Riven. ( in my opinion)

Zakusu

24-05-2012

Try to play really passively and near your tower without loosing farm, making it a neutral lane and count on that renekton is a pure early game bully, ping like once per every minute, get kills out of renekton with your jungler and take the lead.

sc00bied00

24-05-2012

ye i know, but is there any way to actually WIN the lane, on my own? Tips on how to trade with him? I can play (almost) equal most of the time vs counterpicks, by making my friends play them over and over in 1v1, till i know how to play vs them. Unfortunately none of my friends can play renek well, making it impossble for me to train that matchup.

Bronzelyf

24-05-2012

i might be able to play with you a few 1v1's in a few min
add me ingame

Cardiac Arrest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2012

Both Olaf and Renekton are skill lanes for Riven, so if you want to win, you have to outplay them.

For example you always want to shield Olafs E and Reneks Q, not let Olaf pick up his axe again after its been thrown, run away when they ulti, at least untill you have some gear. The secret is in the details.

ST DonBosch

24-05-2012

Ye, try to trade with him when he doesnt have rage. Try to prevent him from getting rage to as much as you can. Play more defensive when he got his rage cause his damage will be significant higher with rage.

Legit Korean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-05-2012

You can't beat Renekton as melee.

Nenad2k10

Recruiter

25-05-2012

If you see that he gathered some rage, he is probably going to attack you with his combo. Best thing you can do is to back off and wait until he uses it. Ask jungler to assist you 1-2 kills on top, it will be much easier for you later on.

ruseyouX

25-05-2012

You need to outplay them. Try to block renektons Q as much as u can. If he is trying to stun you just fall back and let him waste it on a minion, then engage on him and harass him as much as u can. Don't fight renekton while his ulti is on.
Olaf is pretty much the same. Use your high mobility to dodge his axes, block his E's and harass him back.