How to counter Malph?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muffi3

20-11-2010

So, how do you counter malph?

He's basically a chaser, Initiator, tank, disabler.

Now here's my problem.

Once there's malphite in the enemy team, there is no reason to play a melee anymore, if they are not stupid the ranged will try to cuddle with malph reducing attackspeed by 90(!) percent.

Am I the only one who thinks that the concept of some1 countering 1 archetype COMPLETELY not for only himself but for his hole mates is utterly dumb?

Get frozen heart, and spam E--->no more melee damage.

Way to overbuff a champion riot.

Muffi3

20-11-2010

For clearance I'm not saying he's OP in general, I'm saying he's totally crossing the line for melee champs while having no impact against casters except for the initiate and chase.

DrlKf

20-11-2010

Banshee's Veil much ?

Muffi3

21-11-2010

Any answers that are not retarded?

Jinx1321

21-11-2010

try Warwick. he's perfect to target single target dps against tanks, as long as you get a madred.

or

Olaf is also good against him, because he do true dmg with skill-shot, so atkspeed dont matter.

Rowler

21-11-2010

Olaf with skillshot that does true damage, do clarify me what is it p_p?

Meruemu

21-11-2010

Banshee's Veil is a good choice. You have to fight Malph a bit like Amumu...don't stay in tight group, spread your team. This way, he won't be able to ulti efficiently or initiate.

I gotta admit that Malph is THE anti-carry tank, his E doing -70% attack speed in aoe, it's just awesome.
But this advantage is also his weakness, Malph is terribly weak against casters, because after he used his full combo, mostly R-E-Q-W, Carries will be disabled, but not casters.
Casters with stuns are his nightmare, because except his ulti, he doesn't have any ways to get close to them. Annie is a very good counter or Morgana.

Cmdr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-11-2010

I came against a very strong malphite this week, who got pretty fed.

but I was playing Xin, and builded last whisper and madreds ( and other items of course).
and found out that I was pretty effective at taking him down.

TheF4ller

21-11-2010

singed vs malphite

i build my singed as a runner with mresist and some armor, normally end up pushing the team for win. till i found this malphite and his randuim omen. alot were the times, when i was going alone and managed to find him alone aswell.... guess what, slow after slow, i simply couldnt have full speed any time, even with cleanse, used him once, 1second of full speed till i got hitted by his rolling ball, and slowed again, and then a randuim active to finish the job. So basicly, 15-20 seconds of doing this and their team managed to come to me, and kill me.

this was one example of that game, he basicly kept slowing the **** of our team, including me, and they managed to win that game thx to that malphite, rest of them were just poorer gamers :\

Hemming

21-11-2010

I thought his E reduced damage not attack speed???

12345 ... 6