Security Certificate Login Issue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ion

23-05-2012

This morning I switched my client to the NA server and logged in to see what the new textures were like before they are released on EU West.

I logged in, played a custom game to look and then went out.

I have just come home, switched my client back to EU West and waited for it to update. Upon trying to log in, however, I have encountered this:

Security Alert

This page requires a secure connection which ensures server authentication. The Certificate Issuer for this site is unknown. Do you wish to proceed?

Yes/No/View Certificate/More Info

No matter what I do the result is the "Connection Failure: Unable to connect to PVP. net server." message.

I have tried the various fix suggestions, such as unticking the relevant options in the IE security menu and resyncing my system clock but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

24-05-2012

Hey

Could you try Resetting your Internet Explorer settings to default? This issue can sometimes be prompted due to a certificate error. Even if you don't use IE as your default browser, riot still use it for features such as the store.

If this fails to assist you, please contact a member of Riot Support.

Ion

24-05-2012

I managed to fix the problem by disabling Lolmatches. I think it would be worth putting this in one of the stickies or something, since I think it could be a pretty awkward problem for others if they aren't sure how to fix it.