New Support Mastery

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fyon

23-05-2012

I play support quite a lot, and though I enjoy it, downside is that you never really get many items because you are gold starved the entire game due to having to buy wards and not getting CS.

I would like it to be able to buy a little bit more items on my support, being more useful towards the endgame by somehow acquiring more gold on them but realized that it should not be abusable by non-supports.

The solution I came up with is a new mastery.

It should only be 1 point in the support tree. It basically has a positive and negative effect:

+ The player will get +x gold/5sec (since I'm not the one who does the balancing I leave the exact amount to Riot, it should be a reasonable amount though not as much as hitting creeps would give through a game)
- The player will no longer gain gold when killing enemy minions (Baron and drake will still provide gold)

While it gives more items to the support it could potentially also break open the current meta, by also having a support in top instead of a jungler for example.

Please tell me what you think about it

x3Sunset

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-05-2012

If it's too strong you can take it as jungler, too. And simply stop jungling and do roaming instead.

TeiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-05-2012

why jungle when you can have this said mastery and roam :O

LeBron

23-05-2012

Supports get more gold from gp10 items than jungler gets from jungle creeps. now think

HoMiNGHeaD

23-05-2012

Not going to be implemented.

Cutting off absolute Minion Farm is way too huge trade.

ThoZor

23-05-2012

i would recomend a mastery that would lower the cost of buying wards on the higher branches of the support mastery tree or a mastery that would make wards give u more gold for taking them down (would make pinks and oracles much more worth it...) but even that would make the support support less cause a good support isn't gold hungry, a good sup tries to be cost eficient... place wards that may earn u gold (help get kills or raid their jungle) or prevent the loss of gold...