Renekton or Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZombieBarf

19-05-2012

Hey hey I'm trying to decide between two champs, playing with my friend as kind of a DPS/Tank/Support. The only way I could see Renekton supplying that support was via stuns. While Shen has the shield.

I personally like both for not having mana as a change. Shen seems a bit more versatile by way of his build by going either AP or AD, tho I've only played him with my Graves AD setup (Masteries/Runes) and did okay. I've never playing Renekton but seen enough to look like fun.

Can either of these guys be viable in any way on bottom lane?

Messher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-05-2012

Shen would be better on bot lane but if you want to play him in Ranked, he gets banned quite a lot

Nihilistic Poet

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messher View Post
Shen would be better on bot lane but if you want to play him in Ranked, he gets banned quite a lot
Shen is an actual amazing solo top. He works as support bottom but that gimps him and if things go bad, he is useless beyond his taunt and giving up a free kill.

Flemish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-05-2012

I think Shen is the better pick if i had to choose from those two.

ZombieBarf

19-05-2012

Ranked isn't too much of an issue. If I were to play support with this friend normal would be the games we would be playing.

I'm set on more mid laners personally but they don't mesh well with my friend.

My friend plays Shyvana (Top) and Sivir (Bot), which is why I'm kind of looking for a DPS/Tanky/Support type champ and one that can go in both lanes decently.

Am I right tho in thinking all Shen brings in support is the shield? While Ren brings his stuns?

I'm personally of the thinking that the stuns would be better for setting up Shyv/Sivir for damage.

My main concern is being a complete support robot and getting bored, which is why I definitely need the damage factor. How do Shen & Ren compare throughout the game damage wise?

Salitaer Sensei

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBarf View Post
Am I right tho in thinking all Shen brings in support is the shield? While Ren brings his stuns?
Wut? Have you ever played Shen? Brings shield as support?? O_o He can shield only himself. Also, he brings heal for his teammates due to his Vorpal Blade, can taunt enemies away from your teammates and his ultimate of course. Renek and Shen are not even a bit comparable to each other.

DerMixxer

19-05-2012

Shen's Q actually is pretty cool for your carry since he can be healed with it. Taunt is also nice since you disable the enemy.
I think Renekton will be the better DD later on while Shen might be more useful in fights because of his abilities. If a bruiser doesn't have farm, he's quite useless. That counts for Shen either but his Ulti and his Q are more useful in fights than Renektons skills.
Shen's the better support but Renekton is the better toplaner imo. (depends on enemy pick but generally he is)

ZombieBarf

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salitaer Sensei View Post
Wut? Have you ever played Shen? Brings shield as support?? O_o He can shield only himself. Also, he brings heal for his teammates due to his Vorpal Blade, can taunt enemies away from your teammates and his ultimate of course. Renek and Shen are not even a bit comparable to each other.
I'm refering to his ult which shields X team member, being his major benefit as far as I see it. I would consider Vorpal to be a perk because it's not likely to save your team mate while the ults shield could.

Salitaer Sensei

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieBarf View Post
I'm refering to his ult which shields X team member, being his major benefit as far as I see it. I would consider Vorpal to be a perk because it's not likely to save your team mate while the ults shield could.
So why are you asking about choice between Renek and Shen? Isn't it obvious when you just realized it by yourself? Move along, nothing to see here....

ZombieBarf

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salitaer Sensei View Post
So why are you asking about choice between Renek and Shen? Isn't it obvious when you just realized it by yourself? Move along, nothing to see here....
To put it in simple terms;

Shen = Defensive Support (Ult Primarily)
Ren = Offensive Support (Stuns)

I just wasn't too sure which is more diverse never played Ren. But yes, looks like Shen is the one.