Watch the same game as your friend

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamielFTW

18-05-2012

Hello Riot, community,

I am here to bring 2 suggestions;

1 - When you right click on a "Spectating" friend you can select "Join Spectating"

This way you can spectate the same game as your friend, because sometimes I run into trouble like this example:
We want to watch a game together and commentate over it, but we can not find the same game in the lobby
We want to watch a game and he says "I have a good friend playing, let's spectate him" but I can't since he doesn't have me as a friend

2 - When you are spectating, you can see chat

This feature would be nice to see if people are calling SS and RE or not, or maybe even discussing a tactic to take on Baron, because as a spectator you have no idea what the team is planning to do. With this feature you can see if they want to do Dragon now or 5 minutes later.
I know there's an keybinding for it (Z by default) but when I push Z nothing happens.
Also this feature would really help me out, I find myself spectating games and when I'm spectating people messaging me if I want to play. I didn't know they messaged me untill I quit the game/the game is over. This would be a major fix to spectating a friends game, and then him asking you to play, but already leaving since you have the 3 minute delay and don't answer him

Thanks for reading.
KamielFTW

TL;DR
1 Join a friend spectating so you can spectate the same game as your friend
2 Chat while spectating so you don't miss out on games and you can see the teams plans

jakken83

18-05-2012

Would be cool, bump +1

TheF4ller

18-05-2012

i believe this thing of spectator mode game might get troublesome in the time being.

Like for example, nothing prevents me to spectate a game that a friend of mine is playing besides me, and telling him the position of the enemy team....

Neolight

19-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheF4ller View Post
i believe this thing of spectator mode game might get troublesome in the time being.

Like for example, nothing prevents me to spectate a game that a friend of mine is playing besides me, and telling him the position of the enemy team....
you do know that there is a built-in 3 minute delay?
So if you spectate a game of your friend you can only tell him where his enemy was 3 minutes ago

Kyoukev

19-05-2012

Good ideas, but you can already see the chat on spectator mod, it's only disabled by default, click on the eye on the bottom-left corner and check "see chat"

mirAcIe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-05-2012

It would be a nice feaure.
+1 to you sir.

Pan Fried Joey

20-05-2012

Really want to see this implemented. Bump

KamielFTW

20-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoukev View Post
Good ideas, but you can already see the chat on spectator mod, it's only disabled by default, click on the eye on the bottom-left corner and check "see chat"
as said in the thread, When I press the default button (z) nothing happens, and I do have it bind to Z

F4wks

20-05-2012

You can only see the all-chat though

KamielFTW

25-05-2012

bump