Steelseries vs. Razer keyboard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HOODBO55

17-05-2012

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new gaming keyboard. I have like 150 euros to spend if the difference is noticable. What can you guys recommend me?

Mechanical keys and things like that, I don't knonw what they mean, I've been playing on a laptop.

Tramzh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-05-2012

Your title is confusing, but I'd say atleast buy a mechanical keyboard. From there on it's all up to your own personal preference on what keys you'd like. It's the keys that makes the difference IMO not the brand.
Definitely if you don't really know exactly what a mechanical keyboard is, you should go to a store and just try out or search the interwebz. I, myself are using brown keys and I like them a lot, on a Filco Majestouch 2 board.

EDIT: Why the downvotes?

Gizb0

17-05-2012

I hv a 7G keyboard, and i like it xD

Bauce Lawyerson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-05-2012

It's really all down to preference. As long as the keyboard has a layout and that you are comfortable with throwing more money at it will not improve your gaming performance. Most keyboards that are advertised as "gaming" keyboards will have a good layout and proper key weights. You shouldn't have to spend the full $150.

HOODBO55

17-05-2012

Okay, so a mechanical keyboard is basically the standard nowaways and just means that you don't have to press down the key completely for it to register the letter.

What are your experiences with Razer and Steelseries keyboards? These look pretty nice and I don't mind spending 80 euros on a nice keyboard as I am going to work a lot this vacation and buy a monster gaming pc.

FuktUrMom

17-05-2012

Razer is overpriced. It's like the basic keyboard for 10€, but you only pay for the name.

HOODBO55

17-05-2012

bump

MiLkZz

17-05-2012

I bought a mechanical keyboard for 20 euros, it is as good as the ones of 150 euros

just doesn't have a fancy useless little screen or 100 extra G keys......

Keyboard just needs to be mechanical, rest doesn't matter so spending more than 50 euros
on it is ridiculous.

Yusup

17-05-2012

i got the logitech g110 i think
solid choice, macro keys, different colors...
u dont need to spend 150 for a keyboard
there are a lot of lower priced high quality keyboards because they arent from the new collection

ThunderStr1ke

17-05-2012

Razer is overpriced really,all you pay is name and look.