Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I can't open my launcher, "PVP.net Kernel has stopped working"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skolkaxel

05-16-2012

My adobe air debug started dying a few days ago and it closed the client, it didn't affect me in game, but when I were in the lobby it would shut down. It even happened during champion select. I tried to reinstall the game but it didn't help. When I tried to open the launcher again it would say: "PVP.net Kernel has stopped working". Now I can't even open the launcher, does anybody else have this problem?

Softlikeabrick

Recruiter

05-17-2012

Try opening as administrator, right click on the launcher icon and it should say open as administrator. This worked for me anyway but i still cant play the game due to bug splat reports (a lot of people having the same problem). I did eventually have to install again but i hope you don't have to.

Skolkaxel

05-17-2012

Quote:
Softlikeabrick:
Try opening as administrator, right click on the launcher icon and it should say open as administrator. This worked for me anyway but i still cant play the game due to bug splat reports (a lot of people having the same problem). I did eventually have to install again but i hope you don't have to.

Thanks!
It worked.