Best champion to carry ranked games with?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimforge

18-11-2010

I've been playing amumu since day 1, I know the bugger through and through and he's by far the my most facorite champion, and the one i'm most succeful with.

He's a great champion to take in ranked games, but unfortunetly he usually gets banned and most of the time is totaly dependant on team mate which often happen to be tards.

Still I manage to win some games, or atleast help out.

Lately it looks like tanks and off tanks are the game's new meagame. Teams consisting those champs seem to be the most succeful ones, atleast in my low ratings.

I'm woundering what other good champions are there that you can carry a team in a solid way?

Your thoughts.

Kabann

18-11-2010

I'd say Akali is a solid pick. In right hands she is devastating, and also she can escape most ****ed-up situations.

Another great champion is Vladimir, even though he is kind of a semicarry - he has one of the best escape mechanisms, a large healthpool by default and is awesome in both last hitting and ganking.

Out of those two, for pure carrying you should surely go for Akali - she can pretty much win games by herself (this is not the case when the opposing team is well coordinated). Vladimir can't carry as well as Akali but he makes up for it with his great ultimate.

Iga Ninjahund

18-11-2010

Kennen. A good kennen that knows how to gank and own his lane and gets solo can carry a entire team without problems. Akali gets face melted by a Kennen, so does Vladimir. Too much stun in that little fella'.

ViRuSxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

18-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woldere View Post
How I got out of Low ELO:

1. Jungle warwick

-Tell your team exactly what you're gonna do.
For example "I will get dragon at lvl4, then gank a lane. Please don't push your lanes so I will get us an easy first blood"
-Gank frequently. Jungle ganks at low ELO are way too infrequent.
-Warwick's ult is supercrucial. Your job is to ult the most dangerous enemy player, usually asap after he starts ulting. For example, a katarina, twitch or MF is about to do massive damage in teamfight, immediately ult to suppress him/her. If there's no threatening AOE ult, just ult whoever does most damage. Tell your team that you will do this, before teamfights even start happening. Ping that enemy in teamfights also. Ask them to insta-nuke said enemy player. If this goes well and the enemy doesnt stop this or nuke your most dangerous player in return, your chances of winning go up immensely.
Especially for Twitch, I take flash so I can insta-jump him from longer range when he starts ulting.
-Wards/wards/wards/oracle/wards/wards/wards/teamitems/wards

In general

-Teamplay. Get aegis, get randuin's, get starks fervor, get wards, get oracle.
-Ask your team nicely to also please teamplay. Do not expect them to!

StyXL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-11-2010

Malzahar, Tristana

Xer0

19-11-2010

In general any carry or jungler is a good pick- a jungler is particularly good as it can lead your team to get a couple of early kills, hence undermining the morale of the other team and giving you even more of an edge

BesQ

19-11-2010

Any carry, especially ad carry in solo, because they 1v1 easier and don't need as much help as casters to get items. Just look at YellowStar's profile. He mostly play ad carries, and he IS the top solo queuer at the moment.

Unidentified

19-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimforge View Post
I've been playing amumu since day 1, I know the bugger through and through and he's by far the my most facorite champion, and the one i'm most succeful with.

He's a great champion to take in ranked games, but unfortunetly he usually gets banned and most of the time is totaly dependant on team mate which often happen to be tards.

Still I manage to win some games, or atleast help out.

Lately it looks like tanks and off tanks are the game's new meagame. Teams consisting those champs seem to be the most succeful ones, atleast in my low ratings.

I'm woundering what other good champions are there that you can carry a team in a solid way?

Your thoughts.

**spoiler**

Im sorry to burst your bubble but after you leave low elo you will notice, to your total surprise, that your team still consists of tards

**spoiler**

You will go top and own it but botom will do 0/8 by minute 10 and somehow lose 2 towers in 1 push
Team will pick nunu, nasus, jax and teemo and you will cry looking at screen as enemy picks kogmaw, malphite, sona and morgana

You wont believe languages people will speak and insults you will read. You will hear **** as " tank junglers are just a joke " " im mid, no im mid, i afk, fu ****er "
After you pass 1500 this **** happens regulary

you will be 1520, your enemy 1450-1600 and your teammates will have at least 2x 1250 people that think trynd is op roxx0rz omg and nothing can counter twitch, not even 1v3 charging twitch

Then you will lose 10 games in a row and lose 120 rating and ask yourself, why do i even play this ****

And this process will repeat itself

I know this sounds harsh, but its the truth, be it good or bad

I am now so incredibly pissed. I sware, if they wanted to code this game to give me these teams they wouldnt menage to do this what is happening

suNshjne

19-11-2010

Cho'Gath, if u can use ur skills right

MazzieH

19-11-2010

Kayle - no, really, undervalued champ! You can dish sweet dps, u got powerful nuke/slow, a heal+speed and you save your carry with ult. Just get proper mix of ap, cooldown reduction and attack speed - keep distance and proper positioning, dps with E, coordinate the fight with W and R, also add your 2 cents to the focus with Q.

A good Rammus is also interesting - but risky. If your team doesn't follow, you just die Kayle doesn't have a burden of initiating.

Vlad mentioned above - great choice. You can just nuke and carry or be an off-tank or (! tested in low elo!) even true tank. Vlad on mid can get really strong tanking items early on, it's useful when you realise that your "real" tank is poor player or decided to go AP shen or sth.

12345 ... 6