Couriers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedEyeLobine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2012

What would you say if you would add some couriers to the game something new...i know it will be kinda "OP" but hey it will be something fresh for this game i know most moba games have it but it would be awesome in LoL(just my opinion) and if you would do that do a courier for each player in the game at the start of it. Because if you do just one someone will surely troll and kill the courier! What do you think of it?

Deyxen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-05-2012

I don't think it'll work.. Because in LoL buying items is based on the recall abilty. Like in Hon there is courier, but no recall, in LoL there is recall but no courier. You can't have both, get my point?

AxelwarriorV

13-05-2012

Oh, you mean like those from DotA?

Like the eagle?

I agree with what Deyxen says, though having couriers is fun.

Aptest

13-05-2012

If this is to be implemented, the courier should have a substantial gold cost and also be assailable so that an opposing team can gain an advantage by ambushing the courier. If the courier dies, whatever item it is holding dies with it (or passes to the other team, which is more fun).

Deyxen

13-05-2012

Well, with this community, courier will just give trolls more ways to ruin the game from others..

RedEyeLobine

Recruiter

13-05-2012

I agree with you Deyxen but this game needs something fresh..i mean it starts to get old for me allways the same things same items..i know riot cant do everything but cmon now they do 2 champs per week and they cant put some more items? they just make the champs for people to buy em with RP and get money i know that but its not fun anymore...at first i was like"hell yea Vladimir a new champ im gonan buy it for sure!" now im just like " wtf is this **** another champ?" i dont even have time to get 100 IP cuz they make another 2...Id rather have new stuff in game( even a ****ing statue in the middle of the map would be great for me at this moment)... then having more champs...at least that they can do..more items..enviroments..neutral monsters..not champs...

Giomanach

13-05-2012

i understand your frustration but creating a balanced game is INCEDIBLY hard...
riot first has to test new items for atleast 3-6 months before they can release it.
champions are the most easy to bring out, even then they test for a long time before actually releasing the champ.
maps are the most difficult to create, considering, how it should look like, the thickness of the walls in case of abilities like flash etc, make sure the map is balanced in the way of how long it takes to get to a certain point on the map etc etc..

Riot is busy, it just takes a long time
mean while try out new champs or builds or a new strategy.
fun team comps, try a new class like support or jungle if you don't play those roles a lot.

Greetings Gio.

RedEyeLobine

Recruiter

13-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giomanach View Post
i understand your frustration but creating a balanced game is INCEDIBLY hard...
riot first has to test new items for atleast 3-6 months before they can release it.
champions are the most easy to bring out, even then they test for a long time before actually releasing the champ.
maps are the most difficult to create, considering, how it should look like, the thickness of the walls in case of abilities like flash etc, make sure the map is balanced in the way of how long it takes to get to a certain point on the map etc etc..

Riot is busy, it just takes a long time
mean while try out new champs or builds or a new strategy.
fun team comps, try a new class like support or jungle if you don't play those roles a lot.

Greetings Gio.
Gio yes i know its not easy at all but i play this game for 3 years...i start to lose my interest everyday i only play it with friends..i cant play it solo...i just i cant..its to boring solo i played anything..any char jungle any char support nothing is new to me in this game and i don think i am the only one and even when they make a new patch with a new char they put in the patch even more bugs...instead of creating chars they can fix all the bugs..i mean even now i use Ashe's ult and it goes through the enemys somethimes my volley doesnt hit them and sometimes just slows them...and thats one minor bug i had times when while playing dominion i was getting my char moved into the texture and i couldnt move it was just like a teleport..and the enemy's could attack me but i couldnt they have tons of better things to do than champs..but they dont care i guess ..all they care is about money..

igothugewang

14-05-2012

How about a support champ that has a courier as a passive? i.e. if that champ is on your team, your team has a courier available. Doubt it would happen.

To be honest though, I think couriers would have a negative impact on the game. Recalling is a necessary evil, as you trade off some defense of your tower in exchange for being able to buy items. With a courier, there would be little need to return to base for items during the laning phase, especially if champs are matched pretty well, which could cause games to go on for a lot longer than usual.

RedEyeLobine

Recruiter

14-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by igothugewang View Post
How about a support champ that has a courier as a passive? i.e. if that champ is on your team, your team has a courier available. Doubt it would happen.

To be honest though, I think couriers would have a negative impact on the game. Recalling is a necessary evil, as you trade off some defense of your tower in exchange for being able to buy items. With a courier, there would be little need to return to base for items during the laning phase, especially if champs are matched pretty well, which could cause games to go on for a lot longer than usual.
Yes you are right but i want something fresh in this game and a courier was the first thing that came in my mind:\ thats why i named the thread couriers