PvP.Net Patcher Kernel has stopped working...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luna Dragon

09-05-2012

That is the above message I get every time I try to start up League of Legends, though taht is only the latest in a long line of problems I had today.

First the game dident want to go to the log in screen simply shutting down with no message, so i asked it to repair.

After the repair was done it started crashing the moment I double cliked the icon, so i tried a reinstall.

The above is the result.

Anyone got an idea?

Holy Crowley

09-05-2012

yes i cant start too :/ you can make deinstall and then new install

Luna Dragon

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithAGirl View Post
yes i cant start too :/ you can make deinstall and then new install
Allready tried at no luck.

Holy Crowley

09-05-2012

its a chance i only mean but you cant do more :/

Aletoria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Hello TriforceDragon.

The problem is a corrupt file, i believe. i recommend uninstalling, and deleting all related files to League of Legends, and then reinstalling with a fresh installation program.

Regards
Aletoria

Luna Dragon

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletoria View Post
Hello TriforceDragon.

The problem is a corrupt file, i believe. i recommend uninstalling, and deleting all related files to League of Legends, and then reinstalling with a fresh installation program.

Regards
Aletoria
Thanks ill try that

Vuxadin

Wrenchman

09-05-2012

Hi there!

Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in the Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of the support staff, please contact a member of Riot Support.

Niichibus Was

15-07-2012

Ty for the reply Vuxadin, I shall try these steps.

obshooter

02-08-2012

here is my problem, when i click on my LoL, the logo shows up and doesn't load onto the patch menu (the menu with a big yellow button saying "PLAY"). instead, nothing happens, when i click, the logo stops responding and you can either wait for the program to go to an error message which then closes it or close the logo.
HELP ME PLS :S

Gervantes

12-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuxadin View Post
Hi there!

Most often players will run into this problem due to a failed self-patch of the patcher. Luckily, you can have the patcher re-patch itself by simply deleting the following folder:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher

Just so you know, if you chose a custom install path, the folder may be in a different location

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there are a couple of other things that can resolve this issue. For starters, try running the game as an administrator:
a) Right-Click on the short-cut
b) Select the properties tab
c) Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling UAC

It might be also firewall related. We have a wide article in the Knowledge Base explaining the most common issues with it and how to solve it. You will probably need to disable it before you run the repatch - https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ndows-firewall

If none of these steps help, or if you feel like you'd like to get one-on-one assistance from a member of the support staff, please contact a member of Riot Support.
I know this is an old thread, but I might aswell answear here. So I got this issue. Ive had it before but could be fixed by shutting down lol completely in the task manager.
Suddenly this didnt work anymore.
Then I reinstalled the game. Downloaded it twice from your homepage.
Then I reinstalled windows 7 cause I could use a formation anyway. Again same problem.
Then I did ALL the things you have written above, several times, same error.

And now Im here, and have no idea what I am gonna do. Oh well I will try and download the game once again and see if that helps, since the version I have been using was one downloaded before reinstalling windows.