Client Version 1.23.10 rejected by server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

joppeKJ

16-11-2010

I got the error everyone is talking about "The launcher is has experienced an error, please restart the application".
I checked the updater.lib to see what file the updater had problems with, and then used this method "http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=66242" to get the hash to skip it. This had to be done for the file game.cfg and signatures.xml.
After the update had finished i got to the log-in screen, and after typing the password and pressing Login, i got the message "Client Version 1.23.10 rejected by server".

I then called a friend who is able to login using an older computer (32-bit win xp), whom by the way had no trouble updating the game either, to see what the latest client version was. As it turns out, he's able to login to the game with the latest client update at version 1.22.19.

How is it after my update i have client version 1.23.10?

Auspexa

16-11-2010

same error.first i had launcher error but fixed it with game.cfg trick and now i get this error.US server works without any problem with same client.

Just a Griefer

16-11-2010

Hey there,

i've encountered the same error. "client version 1.23.10 rejected", i suppose reinstalling the program could fix it. But this is definitive a matter of missed testing on a dummy. I'll reinstall now for gods sake and my very few spare time.

joppeKJ

16-11-2010

Same here Auspexa, connecting to the US servers is no problems, but i still get the client version rejected error on the EU servers.

P3pp3roni

16-11-2010

Same problem, still no solutions?

orangemorph

16-11-2010

Same issues here!

Blind Instinct

16-11-2010

I switched to US server and it works fine, so I am guessing the server isn't updated yet.

Auspexa

16-11-2010

many ppl are playing atm

Just a Griefer

16-11-2010

Reinstalling won't work and changing the server can't be a serious solution. But hey, even the links on this page aren't linked correctly so...

joppeKJ

16-11-2010

Fixed it by downloading the client again, doing a repair, uninstalling and then reinstalling the game.