best champs to learn solo top and jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bexy

03-05-2012

heya, i was wandering what tips the many players on the forums could give me about learning solo top and jungleing,

i can play middle well with morgana and karthus
support leona and blitzcrank
and graves as a carry,

my problem is learning jungleing and solo top, i tried riven last night and just got slapped about like a wet fish and havnt even dared to try jungleing yet

wandering what the best champs to learn both roles are if you can, thx

HT Feanor 2Deep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

SoloQ: Mundo, Lee, Warwick, Nocturne, GP maxing Q..
5Team: Shyvana, GP maxing E, Skarner, Maokai..

(jungle)

bexy

03-05-2012

thx will try out mundo and nocturne,

MaxiBeça

03-05-2012

Easiest champ to learn jungle: Warwick. Not the most viable jungler, but hes really safe. The top ones are Lee, mundo, skarner, udyr, noc, maokai, but those are a bit harder to learn than ww, specially lee, which i cant play at all.

To learn solotop, probably Cho Gath, Mordekaiser, so, champs that can clear waves fast so when you are losing, you can still defend the tower.

Honestly, solotop is all about counterpicks, and winning trades.

http://championselect.net/

There you go. Just get all the 1350 champs for solotop role, then a few of the 3150, like Gangplank and Olaf. You can now play solotop against anyone, as long as you know your champ.

midnight illusio

03-05-2012

To be honest, Solotop is one of the easiest roles in the game. As MaxiBeca said, it's more about counter-picks and learning the various matchups than anything else. The only thing you have to really worry about is getting ganked by their jungler. Because of the location of the lane, it's a lot harder to escape from a gank if you are overextended than if you are in Mid, and level 2 ganks are very popular.

As a solo top player, you need to have good lane control, so you can either freeze the lane, or push it depending on the situation, and then you just farm up as much as you can, and supporting your jungler if he needs help.

Jungling on the other hand is a lot harder. You need to be flexible on what you do, because no game is going to go the same way as another. Depending on how the lanes are, you might need to gank more often, or less. Also depending on the enemy jungler, you might want to counter-jungle more, or play more defensive. The best thing to do is to watch the streams and study the top junglers like TheOddOne, Dan Dinh and CLG Snoopeh to see what they do.

To jungle effectively, you need to know pretty much everything about any champion on the enemy team. Before you initiate a gank, you need to know if you are capable of achieving anything in it, because the last thing you want is to go in for a gank and get destroyed by the enemy because they are naturally stronger than you at that point.

MaxiBeça

04-05-2012

Everything he said is true, +1 from me.

Vortivask

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2012

As Solotop you should ask for ganks when your opponent has pushed the lane.
As Jungler you should expect to be badgered about ganking.

GreatGrum2495

12-07-2012

I think the very best champion for learning jungling is Warwick, because his gank are really great especially with his ultimate. Also ww could be a good counter against other jungler here especially with his passive. So try it out and i hope you'll have fun.

lvl 100 jesus

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight illusio View Post
To be honest, Solotop is one of the easiest roles in the game. As MaxiBeca said, it's more about counter-picks and learning the various matchups than anything else. The only thing you have to really worry about is getting ganked by their jungler. Because of the location of the lane, it's a lot harder to escape from a gank if you are overextended than if you are in Mid, and level 2 ganks are very popular.

As a solo top player, you need to have good lane control, so you can either freeze the lane, or push it depending on the situation, and then you just farm up as much as you can, and supporting your jungler if he needs help.

Jungling on the other hand is a lot harder. You need to be flexible on what you do, because no game is going to go the same way as another. Depending on how the lanes are, you might need to gank more often, or less. Also depending on the enemy jungler, you might want to counter-jungle more, or play more defensive. The best thing to do is to watch the streams and study the top junglers like TheOddOne, Dan Dinh and CLG Snoopeh to see what they do.

To jungle effectively, you need to know pretty much everything about any champion on the enemy team. Before you initiate a gank, you need to know if you are capable of achieving anything in it, because the last thing you want is to go in for a gank and get destroyed by the enemy because they are naturally stronger than you at that point.
I agree on most departments, exept for solotop being one of the most easy roles.

as stated by many pros and now me: solotop is one of the hardest roles to play, if you dont understand this its fine, im not taking my time to elaborate myself but I can tell you being a good top isnt easy.

DjDazzled

13-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlash View Post
I agree on most departments, exept for solotop being one of the most easy roles.

as stated by many pros and now me: solotop is one of the hardest roles to play, if you dont understand this its fine, im not taking my time to elaborate myself but I can tell you being a good top isnt easy.
I dont think there are any "easy" roles in LoL but instead "safer roles" Playing mid and top you are not as safe as bot because your alone if a gank comes your way , on the other hand if your bot and a jungler comes to gank and lets say you get grabbed by an enemy Blitz you will die almost instantly, LoL is a team game , the better your team mates are the easier your lane will be :P