Stuck in a ghost game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ban lee sin plz

02-05-2012

Someone help

timmaeaeaeae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

I have the same problem. The game has been over about an hour ago, but the client insists that it is still running. I can click the reconnect button but nothing happens.

Misteh

02-05-2012

Yeah I have the same, I can press reconnect but it gives an error about the firewall. Game must've ended at least 20 minutes ago.

c0ngs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-05-2012

Hello, All.

To clear a ghost game you will need to do a full restart of the league of legends
client and relog onto the server. For the majority, this will clear the game and
allow you to rejoin others. If you still see the 'Reconnect' you will need to wait
until this 'ghost game' has ended. This can take anywhere up to two hours but
usually ends much faster. If you can join games during this period then that's
great, you will still earn (or lose) ELO and IP. You may find a slight delay in the
numerical update of these figures though until the 'ghost game' has cleared.

Riot Sherom

Player Support Lead
Player Behavior

02-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Top Hero View Post
Hello, All.

To clear a ghost game you will need to do a full restart of the league of legends
client and relog onto the server. For the majority, this will clear the game and
allow you to rejoin others. If you still see the 'Reconnect' you will need to wait
until this 'ghost game' has ended. This can take anywhere up to two hours but
usually ends much faster. If you can join games during this period then that's
great, you will still earn (or lose) ELO and IP. You may find a slight delay in the
numerical update of these figures though until the 'ghost game' has cleared.
Thanks for the heads up!

In addition to that, if you keep on experiencing this issue quite often, you will need to contact our support because something might be blocking the smooth run of League of Legends in your computer, causing an unusual amount of ghost games.

Thanks!

StepsOnBearTraps

23-06-2013

Best customer service EU.... Still isnt fixed after a year

Angouleme

08-04-2014

2 years now...