What counter's Kennen in mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sanctuary Now

01-05-2012

Greetings.

I usually main Kat, but I've had a lot of trouble against Kennen, so I've strayed away from playing her against him, I've been playing lux, and the zone control seems to work great.

Are there any other decent counter's to Kennen?

Thanks.

Perifear

01-05-2012

Swain, pretty much shuts him down if you land your snare, he can't trade with you once you've landed your combo.

secondly, Ryze, same thing, snare shuts him down, Kennen pretty much once to rush up to you in order to deal damage or kill you/stunlock you.

Also, if you manage to survive through your first 6 levels at ryze, you'll outscale him in lane and constantly can poke him (works a lot better if you get blues) and he will just drop lower and lower without you getting any damage.

play galio if you want to be sure you wont die, kennen can do fine against a galio if he jukes the Q + E's from galio, so if you dont want to die. Pick galio, try to zone him, if not, kennen can just happily farm up.

4th, Cassiopea
, Kennen has to rush up to you, so you can then use ult as he 'facechecks' you completely. Cass vs Kennen is quite an 50/50 lane, really depends on the individual skill of both players and pressure of the junglers wether who is gonna win that lane or not. But cassio can pretty much wreck Kennen if well played.

Leblanc, can easily dodge Q's with her W and harass him in lane till he drops.

Gragas: Wellplayed gragas can shut him down, but yet again a Kennen can notice he has disadvantage in lane and will passively farm up with Q. Gragas works fine against Kennen in teamfights to keep him out of the fight while Kennen activated his ulti. Same that Janna counters a lot of initiators ? Kennen ults ? Blow them away with Gragas or Janna

Please note that a good Kennen will ALWAYS try to sit back and farm up tossing out his Q's to safely get through his laning phase, if he notices he's going to have a hard time. You CAN shut down Kennen, but a good kennen will always go full safe mode if he finds out there is much potential of backfiring on him if it is too risky.

EDIT: Kennen is a strong champion, I wont consider him OP, from the ELO i've played, even at 1200 ELO (im 1530 now), I used to firstpick him, put playing against a Ryze and Swain was always a bit tricky and painful, except the part where i mention a ryze simply outscales a kennen. I still play kennen and have 73% win rate with him, but I generally pick him as last pick and know what im facing.

zida

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Had lots of positive matches with Brand against Kennen, idk if it's just bad kennen's i were against.

Two Jokers

01-05-2012

Veigar is pretty awesome against him in my experience, Kennen can't hit you with his E because you just place an Event Horizon in his path and drop a meteor on his face. Just avoid his shurikens and voila, you have just countered Kennen.

Perifear

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zida View Post
Had lots of positive matches with Brand against Kennen, idk if it's just bad kennen's i were against.
That's probably the case, a good Kennen vs Brand will just safely farm up and toss out Q's to farm and will only try to engage and trade damage with you if he sees a good opportunity, otherwise its no point.

Generally in normals I see Kennen's being spamhappy and want to abuse his kit, its not quite how Kennen works.

CloseToTheEdge

01-05-2012

Vladimir should counter him as well.

Murkked

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zida View Post
i was about to mention brand too. imo it's due to his range and the fact you can pillar whenever he goes for farm with his ghost ability. also the similar skill range means if he tries to poke you, it's pretty much certain you can poke him back. and you hurt more due to your passive. also rushing a brand without imediate cc is suicide, brand can finish his combo before kennen can stun him which = dead kennen. also some1 above mention kennen can safely farm all laning phase, but if kennen ever decides to do anything else, hes kinda dead meat. so imo hes a counter. the same way most ap carries can avoid galios damage and farm safely, but hes still a counter because they have no other option than farming.

Perifear

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDecessus View Post
Veigar is pretty awesome against him in my experience, Kennen can't hit you with his E because you just place an Event Horizon in his path and drop a meteor on his face. Just avoid his shurikens and voila, you have just countered Kennen.
Veigar pretty much counters everything that builds AP, though, a lane kennen vs veigar, would consider that 50-50 of how its going to pan out, veigar vs kennen isnt insta win.

For example, i would single handedly give Galio the boss of mid lane vs a veigar, Galio can completely zone veigar at any stage in the game in the laning phase and just ignore his damage completely once built a tiny bit of MR.

Also, veigars full combo rather heals Galio than does damage to him when shield activated.

with veigar vs kennen, its still a whole match to wait and see who will win.

M00smutzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

As Kennen I have a hard time against Gragas and Vladimir.

curey

01-05-2012

Lol, gragas is free win mid.

When I play Kennen I only have probs with Ryze, LB and Lvl 6 Kassa with Blue

Galio can be harassed easily.
Against champs like Brand I just farm safely. Later at tf I flash and ult him and he should be dead.