Top lane runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hypothermia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-04-2012

Hello,

I decided to set up two different runepages for toplane - one against AP (for example Vlad or Morde) and another one vs AD. Usally I play top chars like Riven or Renekton, so in Marks and Quints I have flat AD. However, I don't know what to pick in Seals and Glyphs. If I go flat armour Seal + Flat mr or mr/lvl blues it's kinda broken imo -> If I lane against AD my blue runes are basically useless, if I lane against AP my armor runes are useless. I was thinking about full flat mr seal + glyph and full flat armor seal + glyph, but I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

randomnoob1337

28-04-2012

the most common thing to do is flat armour vs AD + mres per lvl or flat Mres vs AP + armour per lvl

Firdelore

28-04-2012

Honestly, it's best if you have some armor and magic resistance runes in any rune page when you're going top. I mean sure, if you're going against a Vladimir top, you won't be utilising your armor seals... BUT, think about it this way. When you go to harass and the minions take aggro on you, your armor seals will reduce that damage. Also, in mid to late game, when teamfights occur, having those armor seals against the AD carry will be extremely useful for survival. So yeah, having those runes will actually help you out later on.

Oh, and you shouldn't really worry about runes. They help with maybe early game, but in the end, it's about how you play your role, and if you manage to get farmed, get kills, get items, etc. Don't be too fussed over runes.

peaceoutbadsx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-04-2012

renekton: 5x mark of str 4mark of desolation, armor yellows mr/lvl blues. desolation quints.
riven: ad marks, ad quints, armor yellows, cdr/mrlvl blues.

peaceoutbadsx

28-04-2012

even if ur against a ap top most of the time there is ad in the game / ad jungler, so ur not "wasting" the runes

Hypothermia

28-04-2012

Thanks for answers guys. Well, obviously if I run for example MR Flat against a FIora on top it will be good for me in midgame. But I think it's still a waste. I give up all of my Blue runeslots, to have 13 MR in mid and lategame? At ~25 mins 13 mr is like nothing, but still I gave up 9 runeslots to have that really low amount of mr (low in midgame) while I could get 9 runes that would give me a bigger boost in early game. So is it worth to give up 9 rune slots, just to have that 13 MR in mid- and lategame? Sounds strange for me.

Hypothermia

28-04-2012

bump

Slamberten

28-04-2012

i would mean you should go:
flat AD reds and quints, flat armor yellow, and MR/lvl blue..

if you lane against a bruiser the armor early helps a lot combined with the flat AD for harass and lasthitting. And the mr/lvl will help when you start grouping around midgame.

Hypothermia

28-04-2012

Yes, I'm rolling that against AD bruisers. But what about magic dmg dealers? Flat MR runes are good, but armor/lvl is pretty much useless.