Playing against Kayle

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bauce Lawyerson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perifear View Post
She's mostly played as TOP, therefore comparing her to AD carries makes no sense.
AD carry is also a class of character, not just a role in the meta. If it does physical damage and carries the team, it's an AD carry.

LittleZoe

27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeiX View Post
maybe but ot be fair you need nearly maxed out cdr to acheive that(unless your getting the blue buffs+ pot)
Not true at all. I have CDR blue runes and that's enough with leveling E first. It can be spammed all day easily.

TeiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleZoe View Post
Not true at all. I have CDR blue runes and that's enough with leveling E first. It can be spammed all day easily.

fair enough i guess(i can admit if i happen to be wrong , which i may be actually :O)

but as far as i realled you needed to have around 37% CDR so that the cooldown was lower than the duration

bahamutstevetff

27-04-2012

i play kayle top, she is a sweet counter to most popular tops, morde for example, just scap metal vs kayle top.

the thing that gets me most when i play kayle top is early ganks, since kayles strength comes from Q E attack, its often easy to move a bit farther down the lane than you would like, just dont try and trade with kayle, even with GP and other ranged tops, because Q E auto attack will hurt you a lot more than you can hurt kayle.

i think the best way to play against kayle is to have someone who can farm at a range, if kayle uses E to farm at a range, she will push.

Saethum

27-04-2012

With 37,5% CDR your cooldown equals the duration (10s).
I guess high mobility champs like Lee / Kennen would beat her. Also you can try strong laners such as Yorick? Jax normally rapes autoattackers 1v1 so he must be a good counterpick as well.

Gallonigher

27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
You build crit on her nowadays,not on-hit items.
On-hit Kayle is perfectly fine to build.

I play Kayle top from time to time, and you want to kill her early on. I'd say champions with early game burst have the best chance against Kayle. If you just let farm with her E, she's eventually going to be too far ahead in CS, buy that Infity Edge and completely dominate your lane and eventually the game.

Wukong is a fine choice against Kayle. Just be sure to dive her as much as you can pre-level 6, since at level 6 she might be able to win the trade purely because of her ulti. Early-game Kayle will go mana-starved very easily, so you can even provoke her into keeping you at bay with her E. When you see her E worn off and on CD, dive her and burst her down. If she goes top, she won't focus-level her W at all, so she should barely have any healing capacity.

Or you could go Lee Sin and stomp her. Or Udyr. Or Vlad. Not sure whether Teemo could work, since Teemo's blind doesn't cancel her E's effect.

CloseToTheEdge

27-04-2012

I made the experience, that she is in early game not that strong. You should prevent her farming as much as possible. In late game Kayle can be played as an carry.

Grabovski

27-04-2012

Udyr can simply shrug off her dmg.

Ymir

Player Behaviour Expert

Follow Ymir on Twitter

27-04-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkarusX View Post
Hi guys,

i have a little question:

Lately it happens that i see some Kayles toplane, and when ever she is picked its an instant win on that lane.

I'm sure she can be outplayed, but i dont know how and would like you help here.

I played against her with wukong (blindpick) and i couldnt even farm against her.
And no chance on trading damage. Got simply outdamaged.

Is Kayle top just a "meta-breaker"? Maybe its because i'm not used to play against her.

So please teach me.
People are using Rincent's Kayle build, I use it myself and it's superb. This showed up on a Studio Daily, I can say with a smug smile that I was using it before that.

However, be sure to google it and check out the guide it gives a lot of the weaknesses there. Kayle needs to get rolling early or she will fall off fast, it's only by being ahead that she shocks you with her damage.

NathanLeví

27-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir View Post
I can say with a smug smile that I was using it before that.
So can i 8-)