Lol does not start up after clicking "Play"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

demobox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

Hi Riot.

My mate has a problem. After completing a Windows recovery to an earlier state, the LoL client does not start up after he presses "Play".

If he waits for like a couple of minutes and press "Play" again, the message that a client is already running, is showed and he can press "continue" to close the existing client, just to restart the process.

We have tried several things:

Updated his .net to the newest version.
Updated Adobe Air to the newest version.
Updated Adobe Flashplayer to the newest version.
Tried to run a repair on League of Legends.
Tried to run the client as administrator.
Tried to force the firewall off.

No errormessage is appearing, so I can't go into further details regarding this problem.

Any specifics we can do to solve the problem?

demobox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

Problem solved after reinstalling the game completely. Just in case somebody else get the same problem in the future.

rredfoxx

08-06-2012

i have got the same problem. from one day on the other, after clicking play in the launcher nothing happens. i tried a complete reinstall, then the first login really worked, after that i got the same problem like before. the process is working (see it in the task manager) but the loginscreen doesnt pop up.