Lower Ip cost for all champions

Yes 401 74.12%
No 140 25.88%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Total IP cost LOL

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killswitch89

26-04-2012

Hi everybody I think this thread may interest some people, and may bore some to death but I take the risk of pointing the obvious
I've done some calculations about the current IP cost of champions (which is all I get being an RP free player) and I came to the following:

Total cost for 6300 champions: 195300 IP (31)
Total cost for 4800 champions: 48000 IP (10)
Total cost for 3150 champions: 78750 IP (25)
Total cost for 1350 champions: 29700 IP (22)
Total cost for 450 champions: 4050 IP (9)

Total cost for all characters: 355800 IP (97)

So for a less than hardcore player with an average of 5 games a day (rift) gaining about 500 IP (including daily bonus) each day. Which means he has to play 711.6 days to be able to have the whole set of characters not taking into account the different rune + rune page purchases along the way.
Now thats cool 2 years every day i play 5 games and I am good for it.
BUT! The set of characters adds 1 hero each 2 weeks costing 6300 Ip which means by the time you saved for that epic AD carry another one popps up and so on.

what I wanna say is that this system is either for real hardcore gamers or hardcore wallets and I am neither. I played more than 1500 games (610 normal wins) and I bought only 90600 IP worth champions which means I got 265200 IP to go, and I have been playing since last July so almost a year now.

Please Riot take this into consideration and lower the costs for us to enjoy more champions in less time

TL;DR: view poll

EpicD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

not going to happen. i can see your point though.

Killswitch89

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicD View Post
I can always try to be heard

Spank Thru

26-04-2012

And you still call this game "free" im many other threads when we ask for RP compensation when servers are messed up.

It will not be lowered because its supposed you buy them with RP aka your real money.

I spent like 150 euros in this game and Im missing only one 6300 champion so its not thaaaat expensive if you buy them in sale. Since I started I always buy the champions on sale (6300/4800) and save my IP for the others. 150 euros may seem a lot but I didnt wasted more than 20 euros months. Some months not even 10. You just cant expect to buy every champion at 6300 ip or 975 rp coz that is really expensive and out of hand.

DemonRevenge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-04-2012

I have currently bought with IP (only used RP now and again)

All of 450 = 4050
All of 1350 = 29700
All of 3150 = 78750
7/10 4800 = 33600
12/31 6300 = 75600

Total: 221700

That is without the amount of wins you have, I have 3 complete rune pages as well (can't be bothered to count those up as well sorry) however i try to re-use my runes as much as possible, eg part of my Crit/Arm pen rune page is part of my jungle page... I did use my RP for some other champs I have but mostly done it with IP.

My current win is around 500 possibly less

Plasmane

26-04-2012

you dont have to buy every single champion, especially if u r free user and non-hardcore gamer

Kiromana

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank Thru View Post
And you still call this game "free" im many other threads when we ask for RP compensation when servers are messed up.

It will not be lowered because its supposed you buy them with RP aka your real money.

I spent like 150 euros in this game and Im missing only one 6300 champion so its not thaaaat expensive if you buy them in sale. Since I started I always buy the champions on sale (6300/4800) and save my IP for the others. 150 euros may seem a lot but I didnt wasted more than 20 euros months. Some months not even 10. You just cant expect to buy every champion at 6300 ip or 975 rp coz that is really expensive and out of hand.
150 euros is like, 3-5 times the normal price of a complete game, the most expensive game I've ever bought in a store was about 45 euro.

Enziguru

26-04-2012

Ur forgetting about runes and runepages.

Killswitch89

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank Thru View Post
. 150 euros may seem a lot but .
in my country 150 Euros is a worker's salary

snafu2k

26-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicD View Post
Actually: I can't.
Riot is a company. They give you the option to play a game they invested time, devotion and, yes, money into - for free.
Why do you demand to get every single aspect of this game for free, instead of only a selection?
So you would invest a big amount of time to unlock every single hero and their runepage. I am totally ok with that.

The alternative is to appreciete the effort and invest a little money. Riot employees do not get paid in IP.

Besides while you include new 6300IP champs into your calculation, you neglect that in 2 years the IP cost of at least some of the old champions will drop.

12345 ... 7